sleepover pt.1

July 3, 1961

We all sit in the dugout watching the rain pour down on the field.

"What should we do now?" Benny asks

Everyone shrugs and a mix of "I don't know" and "mhm".

"All I know is I'm hungry" I state and as if on cue, my stomach growls.

"Me too girlie" Ham mutters rubbing his stomach.

"Alright" Benny shrugs "we can get food"

"Yes!" I scream standing up grabbing my glove. "I NEED to eat"

While the boys begin to stand up yeah yeah mutters something but I couldn't hear.

Once we arrive I read something on the menu that new.

I gasp dramatically.

"What" the boys ask.

"OREO PANCAKES" I say almost falling out of the booth but Kenny catches me.

"Oh man I can demolish those" Kenny says.

"I could inhale them" I say one upping him.

"It's not a competition guys" Benny says.

"Yes it is" We say in unison.

"Fine let's go" I say bumping Kenny's shoulder.

"Let's make a bet" Kenny says

"Bet" I say waiting for what he's implying.

"Whoever can finish their plate first wins" Kenny smirks.

"Puh-lease dude your going down" I say confidently.

"Oh really?" He asks

"Yeah really! I bet hmm" I think for a bet "five dollars" i bet smirking and all the boys oooo.

(5 dollars then is like 40 now)

"Bet" he smirks and it was on.

We wait for our food to get here and I was confident about winning this thing, I have a bottomless stomach so this is a piece of cake. My bad, pancake.

The waiter brings it over and it looks soOOoo fricken gooooood. They came plain but I decides to drizzle them in syrup. Not to mention, they are huge. I mean almost as big as the plates.

"Why are you adding syrup?" Kenny asks

"Flavor" I respond like it's obvious.

"Alright ready! Three two one" he counts down and we start.

I needed to eat three pancakes before him. Easy. I grab my fork and knife cutting it. When I realize that I can't cut food for my life I ditch the utensils.

I finish my first at the pretty much same time as Kenny.

"Oooo it's a close race" Bertram says.

Kenny kicks me under the table. So I elbow him.

"Getting physical are we?" I ask him and he simply glares back.

I finish my second when he's only about half way done. When I got on to my third I still wasn't full, Kenny though...he looked a little ruff.

I was about halfway done with my third one when Kenny started his. I practically rip the pancake apart and stuffed it in my mouth, covering my mouth. The boys were just watching silently as me and Kenny beat up eachother while eating pancakes.

I swallow my last bite and put my hands up in victory.

"Is that all you got" I ask him and he scoffs.

"How do you even do that?" He asks

"Talent" I respond smirking at him, I begin to remember our bet "so" I ask giving grabbing hands.

"So what?" He asks

"Pay up" I say smirking.

"I'll have to you by tomorrow" he reassures.

I narrow my eyes at him but end up believing him anyway.

"How in the hell! You must have cheated" Yeah yeah says.

"Nope" I shake my head "ate it all"

"Guys it stopped raining!" Benny says.

"I can't play ball after all that" Kenny says leaning on me with his head on his forehead.

"Me either" I say honest. I was feeling a little sick my eating all of that, but nothing I'm not used too.

"Then let's go to my house" yeah yeah suggested.

All the boys agree and I don't say anything. I don't know if he meant me too or anything so I just kinda sat there.

We run down to Yeahs yeahs house and he just straight up walks in.

"Hey Alan!" His mom says from the kitchen.

"Hey boys." She says walking to the living room where we were standing. "Oh and girl!" She smiles. "I'm glad Alan is finally talking to girls, you know Alan has been talk-"

"Alright we get it, let us go" Yeah yeah says waving his mom off.

"What what was she was talking-" I say but get cut off but Yeah yeah grabbing my hand and dragging me.

"Yeah yeah, come on" he mutters dragging me up to his room along with the other boys.

"Ok don't pull her arm out of the socket yeah yeah" Squints snarls, and yeah yeah looks at his hand in mine before dropping it. He turns a light shade of pink before plopping down on his bed next to half the team. The other half was ok the floor playing cards so I decided to join them.

"Loser" I scream and the boys drop their cards.

"How are you good at everything" Timmy asks.

"At everything!" Tommy repeats.

"And your a girl!" Ham says as a compliment but it came out like an insult. Benny bumps his shoulder and shakes his head 'no'.

"Sorry" ham mutters once he's realized what he's said.

I shrug "it's cool" yeah yeah smiles a little at his hands.

I pull my legs up to my chest and in the corner of my I see Bertram whispering something to yeah yeah and him nodding.

"Hey guys do you want to have a sleepover?" He asks and all the boys nod.

I just sit there awkardly and I guess Benny could tell.

"Hey is y/n gonna sleepover too?" He asks yeah yeah. Yeah yeahs fists curl up and he takes a deep breath in.

I feel Benny's hands on each one of my shoulders rubbing up and down, with his chin on my head.

"Sure" he then covers up his sour puss with a smug smile. "That'll be....nice" he then turns around and awkwardly walks over to Bertram.

"Ok then.." I mutter going back to playing cards.