Campout

June 29,1961

The ball comes soaring towards Yeah yeah. He catches it in his glove before throwing it to me. Benny stops in between second and third base.

"PICKLE" ham yells and the boys come huddling around us.

Benny runs to yeah yeah and I throw to yeah yeah. Benny comes in my direction but before he makes it Yeah yeah throws it to me.

"Cmon get him out" Squints says

He runs in yeah yeah direction and I throw to yeah yeah. Vice versa, and Benny goes back and forth.

Benny runs in my direction and yeah yeah throws it towards me. I catch it and tag the base before Benny slides.

"Yes" I sigh taking my sweaty hand out of my glove.

"Damn it" Benny says collapsing on the ground.

"Loser" Yeah yeah jokes grabbing a soda.

"Nice teamwork guys. For once you did something without killing eachother" Benny breathes out still laying in the dirt.

In the corner of my eye I can see yeah yeah glance at me and crack a small smile. But when I look at him he looks away dropping his glove to the ground.

After a few minutes we here boys chartering and wheel against sand.

"God damnit" Bertram says dropping his glove.

"It's your brother" Benny clarifies.

"Oh god.." I mutter dropping my glove.

We have kind of a stand down. Only difference, they were on bikes.

"Well well well y/n...." Jordan snarls.

"Dude that's your sister?" One asks

"You wimps were so desperate you take my sister" Jordan states rolling his sleeves up.

"Yeah bet she can't even play" Some tall kid says which earns laugh throughout the team.

"Probably better than you" Yeah yeah says over there laughter which stops immediately in shock.

To be honest I was shocked too! He never stood up for me! Heck, usually be was the one making those very comments.

"Shut up fish stick!" Jordan snaps at yeah yeah. Not going to lie, I almost laughed but had to hold it in.

"You can leave now!" Squints demands.

"Four eyes" Buddy mutters.

"Get off our field or I will knock that fence down and the beast will come and eat every single one of you" Ham says stepping back to point at the fence. The beast?

All the boys look around "fine. But this isn't over! Bye y/n" Jordan says before riding off with his little gang.

"Yeah good job Ham!" We all congratulate him for getting rid of the idiot teenagers.

"What's the beast" I ask and everyone stops to look at me.

"The beast is well....THE BEAST" squints explains.

"Killer dog-bear lookin' thing" Kenny says.

"Here" Benny says grabbing my hand and dragging me to the fence. "look through that" he says pointing to a hole.

"Ok?" I say sounding more like a question.

I look through and see a HUGE dog paw scratching at the dirt in the backyard of an old house. The house almost seemed abandoned despite the rays of light shining through the windows. A dog starts barking but I didn't seem like a dog it was like a bear barking.

It didn't frighten me one bit. I just step back calmly.

"It's a dog" I say shrugging off the scary things they had said about the animal.

"THE BEAST!" the boys yells.

"I call campout" Squints says

The rest of them nod "yeah campout" Benny makes final.

"Well if so we have to get ready" Benny says.

"Let's go!" They says.

"Will your mom even let you?" Kenny asks

"Yes" I nod knowing my mom would just be happy I had friends.

"Ok good" he smiles before going off.

It was always apart of our routine where Benny would walk me pretty much everywhere. He said it's the "right thing to do" because there's so many bad people out and who knows.

I told my mom he did that and she said it's because he probably likes me, but I don't think so. Benny doesn't have time for girls, he only focuses on baseball. Which I don't mind because I don't like him, unlike pretty much every girl my age.

_____campout_____

We all lated there huddled up together watching squints as he turns on a flashlight before shining it on his face.

I had Kenny to my right and Benny to my left, all three of us sharing a blanket; leaning against the wall.

Squints starts telling this most likely to be BS (bullshit) story. By the end most of the boys seemed pretty frightened including Squints himself. But me, no, not at all.

"Sounds pretty realistic" I say sarcastically.

"It is! It's nice to know you finally get it" Squints says not catching my sarcasm, but Kenny did.

"She's being sarcastic ding dong" he pointed out.

"You don't believe me huh?!" Squints says s little to loud earning 'shhs' from the boys.

"No---no I don't" I confirm sitting up a little straighter.

Squints huffs "just wait" he says before hopping down.

"Who wants s'mores?" Ham asks and I practically shoot up.

"Me" I say quietly because everyone else was.

I run over, jumping over Tommy in the process.

Ham hands me four and I juggle them in my hands.

"Thank you" I mutter stuffing a s'more in my mouth.

We began to wind down and I ended up with an asleep teenager on my left shoulder. (Benny) I begin to drift off resting my head on Kenny's shoulder who rests his head on mine.

Yeah yeah pov

I sit in the corner of the room watching as one after another boy falls asleep. I look over at y/n who was asleep already. She looked so sweet because her hair was draped down her shoulders perfectly while she laid her head on Kenny. But of course, there was Benny. He was a girl magnet so of course he was all over her with his head on her shoulder.

Watching this I was closing my eyes repeatedly but also trying to see her. But after a few minutes I gave up.

Ok so Benny, Yeah yeah, and y/n (you) are starting to become a little love triangle in this chapter.