Halloween adventures

Halloween night

I hear multiple rapid knocks on the door as I tighten my braids. I quickly sprint down stairs, in my new red converse. I was going to get the identical red heels but then decided against it. They would have been pretty but, very uncomfortable. So I chose sneakers.

I sling open the door revealing my whole team. They all stare at me for a slight second. I laughs and shake my head, "let's go you dorks!" And I smack Timmy and Tommy on the back of their heads at the same time.

"Ow" Timmy scowls and Tommy repeats shortly after.

"Your Dorothy?" Bertram asks. I roll my eyes and smooth out my dress "no I'm the tin man- yes I'm Dorothy!!" I say sarcastically earning giggles from the gang.

"Who's your brother the wicked witch?" Ham asks. I sigh to myself, I felt bad for leaving him to tricker treat by himself. "probably as the grim reaper of something".

"That's about right" yeah yeah mutters earning a punch in the arm from me.

"Alright y/n no sugar until we get to the rich people street" Benny says. I furrow my eyebrows at him "why?".

The boys break out into laughter, and Benny cracks a small smile. "I'm not looking for you to have a sugar high now, and me having to carry you home later"

The boys laughter erupts yet again, and now Benny's laughing. Yeah yeah on the other hand furrows his eyebrows as if he were thinking about something. I wondered for a second in the corner of my eye, but then decided against it.

Once we make it out of the lower-middle class neighborhoods we live in, except for me. My house was built by my parents, so it's the only upper-middle class house.

We make it to the middle class neighborhoods and the candy only got larger. Instead of little bags of smarties and bubblegum, we got milky ways, Hersey's, and my personal favorite Baby Ruths'.

"Cmon guys your so slow!" I say laughing with Benny as the rest of the boys struggle behind us. Kenny stops to take a breath "it's not our fault you guys can run like the flash" he says slapping his leg dramatically.

"Benny's actually faster than me, probably because he's half a foot taller though" I say rubbing my cold hands together.

"Benny your like a Jet or something!" Ham squeaks out. "And you- you y/n, your like a superwoman or something!" Ham continues.

"I should have been her for Halloween" I mutter looking down at my red converse that were now a little scuffed up.

I squints down at the red watch on my hand "it's 10:52, I need to be home by twelve" I tell the boys.

Benny nods "alright, we can hit at least two rich neighborhoods in that time if we hurry" he says then grabs my sleeve pulling me along as we run to the neighborhood a block away.

We jog past the prim and proper sign that said "Washington street" in cursive letters. Perfectly cut and groomed bushes surrounded it and were covered in fake spider webs.

"This stuff looks like cotton candy wait guys" Ham says stopping. I groan and turn around seeing him ripping a small chunk of the fake spider web off.

He brings it to his mouth but I grab his arm. "You idiot you can't eat that!" I say half serious half laughing.

He looks at it for a split second, then at the missing chunk of it in the middle of the bush. His sucks in air through his teeth before laying it on top of the missing half.

"Guys cmon!" Benny says and he begins his run again. I start running and easily catch up and Yeah Yeah a little ways behind me.

"Yeah yeah why do you run like that!" Kenny insults. Yeah yeah stops "like what!" He snarls. "Nothin' you just- nothin' " Kenny say giggling. I take a glance back at Kenny who seemed to be catching up and he start leaning his head down.

"He runs so weird ain't he?" He asks and I laugh. "Yeah! He runs like a- I can't quite think of what he runs like. But the way he runs is not normal" I joke.

"I heard that" yeah yeah mutters running up on the right of me. He gently pushes my arm and smiles.

I smile back before averting my attention Benny as, we were following him. I hear yeah yeah breathe in sharply right after, and when I look over he's back talking to Ham.

I shrug and continue.

We run up the steps to the first house, that seemed to be slightly bigger than mine.

"Hello children!" A young woman around twenty greets giving us each a whole chocolate bar.

The boys run off not only before saying "thank you". We did that multiple times before coming to a certain house.

"Hey I recognize this house" I say looking at the familiar front door. Yeah yeah rolls his eyes "then ring the doorbell you idiot!" He snarls pushing me forward.

I look back at him and furrow my brows "ok then, goodness" and I ring the doorbell.

Then oh.my.lord....

"Hi y/n and guys..." Buddy trails off.

"Its you!" Yeah yeah says angered "let's go guys" he says grabbing my hand. Buddy then grabs my hand so I was torn. It was like a scene in a cartoon. They were literally pulling me back and forth.

"But guys-" Buddy pants "don't you want-" and he grabs a bowl of candy. My eyes widen full candy bars, and he knew they were my favorite.

"Cmon y/n they're your favorite!" Buddy says smiling and holding up the bowl. "Boys if you let her go you can have them all!" Buddy negotiates.

"Or-" ham says grabbing the whole bowl and running with it. Buddy let's go of my hand in shock and I get pulled back into yeah yeahs chest.

"Let's go guys!" Ham yells and we all go off. Buddy stares at me with a sadden look. "Sorry! I'll bring the bowl bowl back!" I say smiling.

Buddy's face breaks into a smile "keep it! See you at school!" He says going back inside.

"I thought he was gonna be way more upset about that" I say laughing and I see yeah yeah crack a small smile. "Well maybe he's just so charmed by you he just can't hold grudges" squints says in a angelic like voice. Yeah yeahs face drops and mutters something inaudible.

I look down at my wat h and it was 1:00 am. "Its way over curfew for me" I say laughing. "Alright let's go home then...I'm tired" Benny says.

On the way home and arm starts swaying mine. I look down and I realized we were still holding hands. Although I would usually let go, I just decided to pretend I didn't notice.

We make it to our street and we begin to split up. I hear ham snickering then looking at our hands. Yeah yeah looks down at them his eyes widening, quickly pulling his hand away.

We walk father along and my hand began to feel cold without his touch. I see my house come into view.

"See you guys" I mutter running to my front door. I then close my front door quietly and turn around. I run upstairs and run to my bedroom. I run past my window but quickly glance out. Yeah yeah takes a glance at my house and smiles, before running into his house.

Today was fun...