Sympathy? Naw

June 21, 1961

Benny's pov

I step out of my front door to see y/n walking drowsily. She looked either sad or tired.

"Hey" I say running in her direction.

She jumps but then waves when she sees me. She smiles before looking down at the glove in her hand.

"Whats up?" She asks in a cracking voice.

"Nothing just the normal" I say and or hands brush. She pulls her hand back behind her and holds onto it.

"Same. I guess" she replies blandly. She kicks a rock on and on pretty much until we reached the sandlot.

Third person

"Y/n your up" Benny says handing me the bat.

Y/n sighs grabbing the bat but Benny stops her.

"Are you ok today?" He asks

Truth is, she didn't want to be here today. After last night she was beat down. She was having such a great time but then Jordan had to make fun of her and stuff. Usually this wouldn't bother her but what made it worse was that most of the sandlot boys probably agreed. Or atleast that's what she thought.

"Y/n!" Benny says snapping in the young girls face breaking her from her trance.

She blinks rapidly trying to remember what happened "yeah?"

"Are you ok?" He repeats making her remember what he asked seconds before.

She nods and smiles "yeah! Why?" She says in a cheerful tone trying to fool him. However he didn't believe her, he just left her alone.

"Your a little off" he shrugs "maybe it's just me"

"Probably you" she says sarcastically before turning around her smile dropping once out of his sight.

Kenny looks up at the girl, nervousness in his eye. She looks back at Benny who rolls his wrists around making shirt he popped each one.

She grips the bat as the ball comes flying towards her.

"Girls can play ball!" Jordans voice repeats in her head.

She closes her eyes and rubbed them. It was as if she got an immediate headache. She doesn't even pay attention to the ball the comes flying past her.

Benny looks at his glove in horror the the girl. He couldn't believe she didn't even got it let alone swing.

Yeah yeah laughs loudly, pointing and everything. The rest of the boys though, they just stare in shock.

"You ok?" Benny asks yet again, now annoying y/n.

"Yes I'm fine" She snaps at him, tapping the ground with the bat trying to ease her anger.

"Woah someones on their lady days" Yeah yeah snarls laughing.

"I don't even have it yet!" Shes say dropping the bat without realizing.

"Are you sure?" He asks laughing. This was his way of let's just say flirting. He didn't know how to talk to girls, not even his sister

That was it. She struts over, grabbing the ball from Kenny's hands and throwing it at yeah yeah, striking him in the stomach. It was as if she didn't have to look to be accurate.

He drops to the ground holding his stomach. All the boys run to his direction leaning over him. They all look at the boy who was now coughing up blood and wheezing. Benny couldn't help but think how accurate that throw was but how crazy she could have been to hit him.

Y/n smiles at him, in the moment she didn't care he was in pain. She didn't care all the boys thought she was crazy. She just wanted revenge. Ever since the beginning yeah yeah annoyed the living hell out of her. So she made him get his!

Benny takes off his flannel to wipe yeah yeahs face of blood.

"What do we do?" He asks frantically forgetting about how it even happened.

"Get him ice or something I don't know!" Ham yells at him.

Benny stands up and turns around to where y/n was standing to find her gone. He runs to the cooler to get ice for yeah yeah.

"She's crazy" he over hears.

"We shouldn't have let her play"

"Yeah yeah why did you have to mess with her!"

Benny's sighs, he knew the girl was just in the heat of the moment and that later she would feel sympathy.

After taking care of yeah yeah he had a huge black and blue mark on his stomach, and to top it off internal bleeding.

"I can't believe she did that to me" yeah yeah says

"You poked the bear" Benny simply says.

"Where are we going?" Yeah yeah asks.

"Oh y/n's house" Benny casually says

"WHAT" yeah yeah screams "WHY?"

"So you can apologize" Benny says pulling yeah yeah along.

"Um--- I wasn't the one who did this!" Yeah yeah says motioning to his stomach.

"Yeah. You did it to yourself" Benny says "I mean something is clearly wrong and with the way you've been treating her...it evens out" Benny explains

Yeah yeah feels guilty about constantly bothering her. It was just the only way he could talk to her. How did Benny do it? ---he wondered.

The walk up the steps and knock only to be answered by the young girl herself.

"Hi" she mutters squinting at yeah yeah.

"Hi uhh" he looks at yeah yeah who rolls his eyes.

Yeah yeah sighs before meeting y/n's y/e/c eyes. "I'm sorry for being so rude and disrespectful to you, I deserved every part of that... baseball." He looks at Benny and Benny smiles at y/n.

"Cool" she says closing the door but Benny stops it.

"Don't you feel bad?" Benny asks "any sympathy?"

"Sympathy? Naw" she laughs "I mean are you ok?" She says covering up her smile with her hands.

"No I was spitting blood" yeah yeah says as if it was obvious.

"Sorry it was a heat of the moment thing. It was a little much" she admits grinning still pleased with her work. "But you did deserve every part of it"

"Oh and just because I apologized doesn't mean we're friends!" Yeah yeah states. He mentally cusses at himself for that sentence.

Y/n sighs as she did feel slightly upset "ok. Bye now" she says closing the door.

"Yeah yeah you idiot! That was your chance!" Benny says smacking the boy.

"My chance?" Yeah yeah asks

Benny stifles a laugh and shrugs "never mind I guess" before running to his house.

"You guys are neighbors?" Yeah yeah asks

Benny nods "yep"

"Noted" yeah yeah mutters