Life and Death P2

Omega heard the soft humming of what seemed like...a ship? She found that her body was weighted down by a soft material. Almost panicking before seeing a stuffed tooka snuggled under her arm. She pulled the stuffed doll to her chest as she sat up just then seeing Hunter, arms crossed, with his head lolled to the side.

She carefully reached out and touched his hand.

"Hunter?"

His eyes immediately flashed opened, fixing his tired gaze on her. His face melted from weary to concerned.

"Omega, are you okay? When did you wake up? How are you feeling?" He gently scanned her for any injury that he missed.

"I'm fine. I just woke up a few minutes ago. Other than a little hungry, I feel good," she answered all his questions.

Hunter sighed in relief, stepping onto the ladder.

"Come on, let's get you something to eat then." He extended his hand to her.

Tech, Echo and Wrecker were already up by the time they made it to the cockpit. Echo was fixing his prosthetic while Wrecker spun in one of the chairs as Tech was rambling about a part for the ship he needed.

"Omega!" Wrecker shouted, seeing her and Hunter walk in. He picked her up and engulfed her into a big hug.

The girl giggled, returning the gesture.

Echo didn't go as far, but he patted her shoulder with his hand, giving her a soft smile.

"Do we have any rations left?" the Sergeant pointed to the child standing next to him.

Tech got up, returning within a few seconds holding a small container of nutrient bars, handing one to the blonde girl now sitting in a chair.

"Thanks, Tech," she said before taking a large bite out of it.

The others watched as she finished the bar in less than a minute, causing them to wonder when was the last time she had a real meal.

"So, er, Omega," He scratched the back of his neck, "What happened on Kamino? How did you end up...like you were when we found you?"

"A lot of it is a bit fuzzy," she said slowly, "but, I do remember Taun We got angry when I didn't go with her after the bounty hunter brought me there. She did something to me and then the next thing I knew, I was in a lab. I still don't know why they wanted me."

"I can answer that," Tech jumped in. "Your DNA is very vital to the cloning process. Without your DNA, being as you are an exact genetic replication of the donor, they can't continue the cloning lines."

"So, is it wrong that I left Kamino with you guys if they needed me?" Omega's eyes went wide. Though one part still played through her mind. Why did they want to kill her after? If she was so important, then why throw her away?

"Why did they want to...terminate me?" she decided to ask, wanting answers that she so desperately needed.

The ship went quiet. The Kaminoans were heartless, that's why. Killing a child after getting what they wanted.

Hunter took a deep breath, not too sure how to explain it to her without it sounding harsh.

"Once they got their tests back, they-they thought you wouldn't be of use to them anymore," Hunter said softly, trying his best to make the cold words hurt less.

"But, Nala Se," she stuttered, "Why aren't I-dead."

The name of the Kaminoan hit each one of them. That made sense. Omega was her medical assistant. The long neck must have formed an attachment to the girl, not being able to kill the one that she had taken care of for so many years.

"You're saying she tricked Lama Su?" Wrecker asked. "Whoa."

"That would be the drug she used," Tech answered. "I will say I am surprised that she was able to do that under the supervision of Lama Su."

"Nala Se, didn't want me dead..." A faint grin appeared on her lips.

They really did owe her Omega's life. Echo would never have thought he would be thanking a Kaminoan, especially after what Rex told him about Fives.

The rest of the trip was nice. They ended up staying on some planet that was far enough from the empire to be able to relax for a few days.

In that time, Omega was allowed to play outside without having to worry about getting captured.

Echo had taken it upon himself to continue teaching her how to use her bow.

Omega came to Wrecker asking him how to get stronger, which resulted in many 'Wrecker Workouts' that Omega seemed to love.

Tech thought it was about time to teach her flying basics. Of course, he had her start with memorizing the ships controls and functions before even getting close to the actual flying part, but she had taken a liking to it.

Hunter watched as his squad-no his family became closer. Soon, they would get Crosshair back, but until then, he wanted nothing more than to protect them from a changing galaxy.