Temporary Change P1

Omega wanted him to stop being stubborn. The Bad Batch was where Crosshair belonged. The Empire wasn't his real family. However, no matter what she said, he wasn't coming back. Still she stood there waiting for him to come to his senses.

"Omega, come on," Hunter called to her. By then the dark thunder clouds had rolled back in. Tipoca City was now no longer visible aside from the burning debris still floating on the water's surface.

"Omega," Hunter said again as the breeze began to pick up. Rain blew sideways at her face. Omega gave Crosshair one last look, slowly walking to the ramp, stopping upon hearing a loud echo in the sky.

She barely had time to comprehend what was happening. The next thing she knew, she was being tossed in the air, slapping against the massive sloshing waves. Omega panicked as the water restricted her movements. Her lungs were on the verge of bursting as she tried to find her way back to the surface. Faintly, she could see a white light shining down into the murky waters. Using all her strength she had left, she kicked her legs as fast as she could until they were burning. Fear built up inside of her as the longer she swam, the closer she was to losing consciousness. The minute she broke to the surface, she took in a huge gulp of air. All she could concentrate on was not going back under. Her arms felt like they were going to fall off, but she couldn't relax yet. She had to stay strong.

Only then did she notice her ears were ringing. The noise reminded her of the machines on Kamino. She wanted to scream and block out the sound, but she couldn't. Omega wildly glanced around. There was nothing but debris with her. From out of the corner of her eye, she could see something moving towards her. A pair of hands suddenly wrapped around her. She started to push back until she realized they were trying to assist her.

"Moving isn't going to help much," Crosshair snapped, as he let her cling onto him.

Omega watched as his lips moved, but yet no sound came from them. She decided to brush it off and blame it on the crashing of the waves. She was grateful for his presence, but she wondered why he was helping her after he declared them even.

"Are you hurt?"

Once again, she couldn't hear him, but the visible concern (though it was small), was all she needed to know what he was asking. She shook her head to assure him.

Finally, after what seemed like hours of being in the cold waters of Kamino, the Havoc Marauder was spotted in the distance. Hunter, Echo and Wrecker were shining their torches down below, searching for them.

"Over here," Omega croaked. They obviously didn't hear her, but what else was she supposed to do?

Crosshair adjusted his grip on the girl, shifting her to the other side. He carefully unbuckled a compartment on his belt, letting the item float to the top. He fingered the small mirror, lifting it up. The next time the light came around it gave off a small glare, just enough to be noticeable.

"Tech, steer the ship to the left!" Hunter shouted. The closer they came, he could see the two figures bobbing in the water. "Descend! It's them!"

Omega blinked against the gust of wind coming from the Marauder. Her whole body was stiff and numb. She recalled herself being lifted into someone's arms. These arms were big and warm, making her feel safe. She was brought to the cockpit and set down in the cushioned seat.

"Wrecker?" she shivered, her teeth chattering from the rain and being submerged in the sea.

Wrecker upon hearing his name, knelt down next to her. "Hey, kid. You're okay now. We gotcha." What he didn't expect was Omega's eyes to widen and fill with fear. She started to hit the side of her head with the palm of her hand. Immediately, he assumed she was hurt.