Reality P1

I saw this on Tik Tok and I wanted to elaborate on the story. The idea is completely by @ashlaf99 on Tik Tok. She's one of my favorite content creators so if you don't know who she is I'd recommend checking her out!

Omega shook Hunter's shoulder as gingerly as she could without hurting him further. Her lungs felt like the precious air she needed to live was sucked out of her as soon as the shot pierced through Hunter's chest. Blood began to seep out of the wound, making Omega sick to her stomach.

"Hunter!" her voice wobbled. She heard the footsteps of the one responsible coming closer. Though she was terrified, she refused to leave the Sargent's side. She couldn't leave him. After everything he had done for her.

"Please, Hunter. Wake up!" she begged, hearing the sound of a blaster clicking.

Hunter grumbled something out just as the stun ray hit her. The blast hurt, but Hunter's words hurt  a thousand times more.

"It's your fault," he had growled as her world went dark.

___

Omega shot up. Beads of cold sweat sprinkled across her forehead. Her heart rate was above normal too. She tried to take calming breaths, but nothing seemed to work. Tossing aside her blanket, Omega quietly climbed down the ladder to her room. She knew that Hunter was on first watch. She hesitantly stood outside the sliding doors, unsure if she should bother him with her dream, but she needed to assure herself that he was indeed alive.

"Hunter?"

The leader of Clone Force 99 glanced up. His brow furrowed upon seeing an uneasy girl call his name.

"Omega, is everything okay?" He spun the chair around to face her. He tried to keep his voice as calm and soothing as possible to reassure her that he was there for whatever she needed.

The child paused, thinking about his question for a second. She looked down at her feet.

"No umm, I had a nightmare," she whispered, the color red brushing over her cheeks.

"A nightmare?" Hunter guided her to sit in the chair across from him. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, which seemed to bring her some kind of peace as she leaned into the touch.

Omega nodded. "Th-there was this b-bounty hunter, and h-he shot you and...and you didn't get up." She stumbled through reliving the dream. "I-I couldn't do anything."

Silence.

"How could you let me die, Omega?"

She froze as his grip tightened, now hurting her.

"What?"

Hunter's once kind and gentle eyes were burning with rage. He glared at her menacingly.

"It's because of you that I'm dead!" he shouted.

Omega flinched at the sudden raise in tone. He had never shouted at her since Saleucami. The next time she looked at him, a blaster hole was shot clean through his heart. A red fluid oozed out of it, making a puddle on the ground.

"No! I didn't mean to, I-I'm sorry!"

Omega's eyes fluttered open. She wasn't on the Marauder anymore. This ship was dark and cold, nothing like her home. The usual conversation that filled the ship was replaced with the humming of a ray shield.

Where am I? I was with Hunter— And what are these? Omega pulled at the restraints holding her wrists together.

"You aren't getting out of those, little lady."

She whipped her head up as the red light disappeared and a tall alien with a low rumbling voice entered.

Him again? The same one in her dream. The one that took Hunter from her. That ruined her perfect family.

"Why are you doing this?" She spoke, just then becoming aware of how muffled her words were.

"You realize I don't know what you're trying to say, right?" The Duros pointed to the cloth tied firmly around her mouth. He bent down next to her, taking her chin between his two long fingers, forcing her to look at him. "And look what you did, killed your friend instead of coming quietly."

He chuckled darkly, releasing her from his grip.

"The trip won't be long," he stated as he left.

Omega couldn't take it anymore. Tears ran freely down her face. She was alone. She had killed Hunter. She wouldn't even be surprised if the rest of the batch didn't look for her. In all honesty, she wouldn't be in their position. Omega brought her knees to her chest, resting her aching head on them as she sobbed herself back into a restless sleep.