Mine

Hunter could finally smile again. After searching the galaxy five times, Omega was the one who found them. He didn't believe her message at first, chalking it up to another cruel trick the stars were playing on him. It sounded too good to be true. If it weren't for Wrecker's undying hope and persuasion, he would have never bothered to take the transmission seriously. Thank the maker Wrecker was so convincing or else he would have unintentionally made Omega wait even longer.

"How's Phee?" Omega asked as the Marauder launched into hyperspace. She curled into one of the four chairs overlooking the passing blue and white lights.

Hunter sighed, turning the ship on autopilot before facing her. He hadn't gotten a good look at her back on the moon. Now in the Marauder's warm lighting he could see she looked beyond tired. Dark circles hung under her red puffy eyes. Perhaps the smudged dirt factored into the tired look— which was another attribution that was wrong. Omega was covered in an old layer of crusty dirt— from her long blonde locks to her worn down black boots. He assumed the reason was due to the escape, but he still hated how even under the mud he could see the formation of purple bruises, new and faded, most noticeable on the back of her left hand. He wondered what the Empire had put her through all those months on Tantiss. Just thinking about Hemlock and what he had done to his family made the sergeant's hand clench into a fist. But of course, Omega disregarded her own discomfort for the sake of worrying about others. Her compassion was something not even the Empire could take away from his kid.

"Phee's hanging in there." Hunter offered with a sad smile. "Tech's... absence has been hard on her." As it was on all of them. While Phee hadn't known Tech for too long, it was obvious there was a different feeling between the two. A feeling in which Hunter knew he wouldn't understand. One which only they could share. Phee made Tech happy and vice versa.

"It still doesn't feel real," Omega whispered, pulling her legs closer to her chest as her eyes wandered around the cockpit. "I know he's gone..."

"Omega," Hunter crouched down, setting a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You're allowed to grieve. You don't have to pretend it didn't happen. Tech made a sacrifice for all of us. While we may not like the outcome, he did what he felt he needed to do. He saved us."

Omega wiped at her eyes. "But it's not fair!" she cried, burying her face into Hunter's shoulder. "I don't understand..."

Hunter held the girl. "I know, kid. I know," he soothed, rubbing her back softly as sobs wracked her tiny body.

Crosshair watched the scene unfold through the small crack of the sliding door. He had never seen Hunter so gentle. He was used to his brother taking charge, being the leader, not some sappy parental figure. The sniper turned away, pulling down his old bunk. It wasn't much better than his cell's bed, but at least he had the freedom to move when he desired. Just as he was about to try and catch up on his sleep, he couldn't help but feel the eyes of the giant staring into his back. With an annoyed sigh Crosshair flipped himself over, meeting Wrecker's gaze.

"What?" he snapped. Wrecker immediately looked wildly around the ship's hold in an attempt to avoid being caught. Pathetic.

"Oh, uh, it's nothin' really," Wrecker sputtered, rubbing at his neck. "We kept your armor if you want to change." The brute gestured to the untouched corner where the familiar chest of the sniper's belongings lived.

Crosshair huffed. "Noted." He turned back around closing his eyes, still aware of the lingering presence of Wrecker.

Without bothering to move he hissed, "If you have something to say, just say it."

Wrecker was caught off guard, holding back on his words for a brief moment. Crosshair was always harsh, but for some reason it was going to take some getting used to once more.