Back to You

Omega laughed, ducking out of the way as Wrecker attempted to grab her. She decided her best bet was to take refuge behind Tech.

"You ain't getting away, kid!" Wrecker bellowed as he came tumbling through the doors, hot on her tail.

"No!" Omega squealed, running circles around a bewildered Tech as her larger brother was forced to chase her.

"Wrecker, I recommend not roughhousing on the ship because—" Tech winced at the gasp that Wrecker let out, followed by a loud crash, "because that might happen," he sighed, running a hand down his face. No one listened to his advice anymore.

"Whoa, are you okay, Wrecker?" Omega bent down to check on her brother, only to be grabbed around the waist.

"Ha! Told ya you couldn't get away!"

Omega squirmed in his grasp. "No fair! I was worried," she pouted, playfully shoving his face away.

"What's going on in here?" Echo came in, leaning on the wall, smiling at the sight before him.

"Nothin', just horsing around," Wrecker said, helping Omega to her feet.

"Is that it?" Echo chuckled. "Well, I hope you're done." The ARC pulled out a holodisk from their latest mission and handed it to Omega. "Would you mind running this to Cid?"

"Sure," Omega agreed, taking the disk. "When I come back, can Wrecker and I get Mantell Mix?"

At that moment, Hunter appeared next to Echo with a disapproving look. "Don't you think you've both had enough of that sugary snack?"

"But it's a tradition! You know that Sarge," Wrecker whined.

"No, I agree with Hunter," Tech chided in. "It's not the healthiest, especially for a child who's still growing."

"Pleaseee," Omega begged, looking at Hunter with large doe eyes. It was her secret tactic. Hunter couldn't resist them. As she expected, Hunter hesitated before going back on his suggested idea.

"Fine, maybe just one carton this time." He ruffled Omega's hair. "Now get going. Cid's waiting."

Omega exchanged grins with Wrecker. "I'll be quick," she promised as she jumped off the ramp.

Once she was gone, all eyes turned to the sergeant. Hunter shrugged his shoulders at their stares.

"You just can't say no to her, can you?" Echo shook his head with a smile, patting the leader on the shoulder.

"Huh, I guess not." Hunter smiled to himself. He realized now that it was brought to his attention. Omega was good at convincing him, or maybe he was dumb enough to fall for the same face a dozen times. Either way, he wasn't sure if he could ever tell her no to such childish requests.

~~~

Omega ran down the streets of Ord Mantell as fast as her feet would carry her. As much as she loved Cid, her stomach took control of her emotions. The thought of the sweet, crunchy snack made her mouth water. It sure beat the tasteless ration bars day after day. When she arrived at the bar, she suddenly felt something off. Omega slowly entered, keeping her guard as she crept down the stairs.

"Cid?" she called out, pausing in hopes that the Trandoshan would respond with her usual cruel attitude, but she was met with an eerie silence.

Omega leaned out from behind the corner. The parlor was empty as far as she could see.

"Hello? Cid? I have the— Whoa!" Omega jumped back as a blaster bolt just barely missed her arm.

Four tall creatures emerged from the different corners of the room, each armed with a blaster. Omega looked up at the menacing Pykes. She had encountered them before, but she was with her brothers then. She knew that Pykes were not to be messed with.