Trust P2

Hunter gently laid Omega on the ground, propping her up on his thighs in an attempt to provide her cushion from the hard wooden floor. Once situated, he directed his attention to everyone staring down at them.

"Well, any ideas?" his voice strained. She was perfectly fine when they landed. Happy, energetic—what could have possibly gone wrong in that time span.

"I-I gave her medicine two hours ago. It should have kicked in," Echo sputtered, glancing down at the paled child.

"You knew?" Hunter growled, sending daggers the ARC's way. "Why didn't you think to tell us?"

Echo grimaced. Yes, he had promised Omega he wouldn't tell... now thinking back on their conversation, that should have been the first sign that she was trying to hide something bigger than what she was letting on, but still, he had given her...

"She hates needles," he said slowly, the abandoned memory popping into his head. How could he have forgotten.

"You gave her a syringe?" Tech asked, his head tilting to the side out of dismay.

"I know, I know," he sighed heavily, noting his terrible mistake. "Can you just find out what's wrong with her?"

Wrecker stared sadly at his sister as Tech took her from Hunter. "Poor kid, no wonder she hasn't eaten anything all day."

Hunter cut to Wrecker, his face twisted in rage. "Excuse me, what?"

"I didn't think it had to do with her being sick!" Wrecker exclaimed, taking a step back from the sergeant.

"Well, what else has everyone noticed and not cared to share?" Hunter threw his hands in the air, dropping them with a dramatic slap.

"Why didn't you notice somethin' was wrong with 'er?" Wrecker fired back, glaring at his brother, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You're the one with enhanced senses!"

"That's not how it works, Wrecker." Hunter took a large step towards the giant, staring up him with beady eyes.

"Hey! Calm down!" Rex pushed his way between the two aggravated clones. "None of this is going to help Omega."

"Silence would be greatly appreciated," Tech commented from the side. "I need to administrate the correct treatment—"

"Tech!" Echo whisper-shouted upon seeing the glistening needle point of a syringe firmly grasped in his hand. "You can't give that to her while she's unconscious."

"I am afraid this is our only choice, and seeing as how this is supervised, unlike before, there will no doubt on whether or not she received the medication." Tech carefully rolled up Omega's sleeve, taking the necessary steps to cleanse the skin first. "I am sorry, Omega, but this will help you." He nodded his sincere apology before injecting her.

Omega jolted awake.

Tech tried to keep her still, failing tremendously.
Omega's eyes were wild as she tried to gather her surroundings after being out cold for half an hour. The needle had pierced her skin, but Tech didn't have the chance to execute the procedure completely.

"Omega," he tried again, setting down the medical equipment.

"Tech?" Omega placed a hand to her head. Everything was spinning. "What's happening?" she slurred, swinging her legs off the table, attempting to stand.

"I would advice you don't try to move." Tech placed a securing hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine." Omega brushed off the touch, refusing to meet any of the eyes. She didn't like being babied.