Trust P1

Omega knew something was wrong the second she woke up. Her throat burned with every swallow, feeling as raw as sandpaper. Omega cautiously sat up, keeping a hand on the side of the wall to help her stand as she attempted to ground herself on shaky legs. Her world spun, making the poor girl nauseous at every move.

"No, not today," Omega murmured, blinking back tears. She had been looking forward to the mission since last week. They were meeting up with Rex and Echo on Kashyyk to join in their fight against the Empire. Omega couldn't wait to see Echo again. Since Hunter had told her, she eagerly counted the days down. She couldn't be sick, today of all days. She didn't want to be left behind on the first mission.

"Omega!" Tech's voice cut through.

Omega scrambled down the ladder, gripping the railing with all her might, knuckles turning white in the process. She shivered as she entered the cockpit.

"Hi," she greeted, fighting the urge to cough.

"It's about time you woke up." Hunter cut her a short glance. "We're approaching Kashyyk, and I know how excited you are to see Echo," he said with a small grin.

Omega smiled. "Yeah, can't wait!"

"Well, you can't go out there on an empty stomach!" Wrecker gently tapped her shoulder, holding out a ration bar.

Omega's stomach dropped as she meekly took the bar, tearing open the wrapper, and forcing herself to take a bite. Her throat felt as if it were on fire as the food passed down.

"Thanks, Wrecker." She waited until his back was turned the other way before shoving the ration bar into her pocket.

The Marauder touched down on the luscious green grounds of Kashyyk. Omega's eyes lit up once catching a small ship hidden away not far from their position. It had to be him. She impatiently waited by the hatch as the ship finally settled.

Hunter walked up behind her, lightly pushing her forward as the ramp let down. "Go on, he's been waiting for you."

Omega didn't need any more encouragement. She jumped down the stairs, looking around wildly. Within a few seconds, two figures emerged from the overgrown plants covering the forest floor.

"Echo!" Omega shouted, ignoring the new wave of dizziness as she sprinted towards her brother, almost knocking him off his feet when she collided into him.

"Hey, Omega." The ARC laughed as Rex reached a hand out to keep him from falling backward at the sudden impact. He gently wrapped his arms around the blonde mess as she leaned closer.

"I missed you a lot," she croaked. Echo could hear the strain in her voice. Probably from roughhousing with Wrecker.

Echo slowly released her from the embrace. "It's good to see you too, kid. Been keeping up with your training?" He cocked an eyebrow.

Omega giggled, flexing an arm. "Haven't skipped a day," she exclaimed proudly.

"Looks like we've found the new muscle of the group," Rex said from his side, making Omega grin from ear to ear.

Despite her cheerful disposition, Echo couldn't help but sense something off. Omega's eyes weren't as bright as they normally were, and she appeared tired, which was rare.