Both Ways P3

Hunter's whole body felt heavy. He had faint memories of someone asking him questions and the feeling of something sharp touching his neck. He tried to stay awake, only letting himself go when he saw Omega being guided away by a tall blurry figure. He assumed the hypo he was given was wearing out, now being aware of all the aches and pains from the unexpected adventure. 

The Sergeant pressed a hand to his head that appeared to have a damp wash rag on it. Though it wasn't as cool anymore, it was better than nothing.

Echo stopped himself from nodding off for the third time, needing to keep his promise to Omega. He just then noticed the sudden movements from his left out of the corner of his eye. Hunter must have woken up. Echo quietly got up, walking over to the young clone who had passed out on the now snoring Wrecker. He gently shook her shoulder, a mumble escaping her lips.

"Omega," he whispered, "Hunter's awake if you want to see him."

Omega groggily opened her eyes. "Thank you, Echo," she whispered back. She carefully stood up with some assistance from her brother.

Echo led her back to where Hunter laid. He crouched down next to him. "Hey, Sarge. Omega wanted to see you."

Hunter softly smiled at the girl who still had tired eyes. "C'mere, Omega." She didn't hesitate to cuddle up to his side. "You can go to sleep, Echo. I think we'll be okay." The reg gave him a gracious nod, returning to his spot for much needed sleep.

"How are you feeling?" Omega's voice asked softly.

"Better," Hunter responded, running his hand through her curls delicately.

The campfire crackled in the distance, warmly lighting up the dark cave. Shadows danced on the cave walls ever so slightly as the gentle night breeze blew.

"Hunter?" Omega asked again.

"What is it, Omega?" Hunter prompted kindly, looking down at the child in his arms.

"I was scared back there. I didn't want to lose you," her voice trailed off.

Hunter lovingly turned Omega's chin towards him with his fingers. "You'll never lose me, kid. I'll always be with you, no matter what happens." Of course he couldn't promise her he'd be there for her in person for eternity, but even past death, he would find a way back to her.

Omega seemed satisfied with his answer, not yet seeing the one flaw in it. She snuggled back up into his side, yawing again, closing her eyes.

"I love you, Hunter," she whispered, barely able to be heard if he wasn't so close.

Hunter was surprised at her words. He didn't think those words had ever been said to him, but coming from Omega, they didn't seem foreign so he didn't have a problem saying them back.

"I love you too, kid."

Short sweet ending for Both Ways<3 Just recently found this song on a playlist.

I'm excited to say that my good friend @MynameisAppleUWU and I are currently in the process of writing a Bad Batch oneshot:) It's a much longer one than normal, so that will be the next oneshot here!