Restrained

Omega peered out from behind the curtain to the gunner's nest. She hadn't been allowed to go with her brothers. The streets were notorious for bounty hunters lurking left and right, looking to pick up an easy score. The thought terrified her, which was the reason that she didn't argue to stay on the ship. She tried to keep out of sight and remain as quiet as possible to not draw any unwanted attention. Only then did her head perk up when she heard the doors to the body of the Marauder open.

"Omega! We're back!" an overly excited voice called out.

Omega beamed, climbing down the ladder to meet the batch. Wrecker welcomed her with open arms, picking her up so now she could see the other members carrying loads of crates to the ramp.

"How was the mission? Did you see anything interesting?" Secretly she hoped it was nothing too much. That was one thing she hated about staying back. She might have missed something extraordinary.

Wrecker chuckled, shaking his head. "Eh, probably one of the more boring missions we've done. Don't worry kid, ya didn't miss much," he assured as if he read her mind.

He set her down, walking back down the ramp. "Come on. We need some help," he said, gesturing to the many crates.

Hunter smiled as he watched Omega try and lift a supply crate almost as big as her. No matter what she was asked to do, she would always try and help the best she could.

"Could you get that one over there, Omega?" He pointed to the much smaller box on the other side of the ship. " It's the food rations. I don't trust Wrecker not to eat it all before it gets on the ship," he teased.

"Hey, cut it out, Sarge. I wouldn't do that," Wrecker said, sending a playful scowl at the leader.

Omega giggled. "Sure, Hunter."

"We're gonna need more credits after this haul," Echo said, wiping his brow. After all the countless amount of missions they had been running, the need for supplies brought them down by a few hundred.

"Echo is right, Hunter," Tech agreed, calculating the numbers on his datapad. "Cid's payment won't sustain us long with the debt we still owe her. In other words, we are making close to nothing, having to spend it on supplies and fuel."

Hunter let out a frustrated sigh. "I know, but what other choice do we have? I'll figure out something with Cid, but she's not one to budge when it comes to making profit."

"If we keep it up at this rate, we'll be struggling to stay afloat," Echo argued back.

"You think I like that we have to be working as mercenaries?" Hunter turned to him, tension rising. "This isn't the Republic anymore. We aren't given what we need for free...besides, we got Omega now. Her safety and well-being comes first."

Omega listened to the conversation silently from around the ship. Of course she knew that they weren't particularly swimming in credits, but she didn't think that it was to the point of making both Tech and Echo worry if they were going to survive the next few months.

She wondered if there was anything she could do to help the situation. She would ask Wrecker later to help her think of something. She picked up the lighter crate and started walking towards the hold when a soft hiss caught her attention.

From behind a stack of containers came the sound again. Omega cocked her head, suddenly intrigued by the strange noise. She gently placed the object she was holding down and slowly went over to check the sound.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" she asked quietly, turning the corner only to be caught off guard by a pair of hands being wrapped around her.

"Keep quiet and we won't hurt you, kid."