Liberation

Omega watched from the small gunner's mount as the old planet of Ord Mantell came into her view. Her eyes squinted slightly, adjusting to the light contrast of the dead dark of space. The broken and dull planet practically smiled up at her, welcoming the clone back from another long day of work. Sweat gathered in drops on her forehead as she pulled back her long hair, tossing her bow carelessly to the side next to her old Lula that had been fading after time.

Since she was ten, she never missed dropping out of hyperspace to their somewhat 'home planet'. It was the closest place she could call home next to Kamino which had been lost to the planets churning seas for a good time by now.

The smell of stale oil and dirt filled her senses almost instantly, the mildly annoying voice of Crosshair echoed through the thin layers of steel and metal lining of the Marauder.

It was a practical miracle that none of her brothers had died at Cross's hands with how short his temper was. A sliver of her understood what he felt like but wished Cross would drop his attitude once in a while and learn to get along with her.

Wiping the condensation from the glass, Omega stared at herself in the reflection, pushing her glasses up with a small but delicate sigh. She had come a long way from that scared girl on Kamino. Heck, it was seven years later, here she was, still admiring the wonders of space.

The mission for Cid wasn't too difficult, at least not to her. Hunter even let her take the lead for once in a blue moon. She only had to beg him for practical years until he finally caved in and let her do something.

One thing that Omega had learned over time was Hunter was wise and smart in his strategy ways but had no trust for her in some situations. She hoped with all her heart that today had proved that she could handle herself so maybe one day in the near future, she'd be allowed to go on a mission all on her own.

The Marauder placed down into Ord Mantell's atmosphere as the clones up in the front continued to tussle. The boring gray buildings and bleak environment came into sight as Omega sighed to herself once more, getting up from her chair and climbing down the ladder to join her brothers in the cockpit. She could hear them discussing the mission.

Echo's voice rang out over all of them, his voice laced with frustration and sass that only he could pull off. "Cid better pay us extra. With the situation we just got her client out of, you think he'd be more cooperative."

"I'm with Echo," Wrecker agreed, crossing his arms. "He wasn't very nice. 'e made fun of the way I talk," he huffed.

"Nothing we haven't said to you before," Crosshair hissed, flicking his broken toothpick at the larger clone with a mocking smile on his face.

"Ah, cut it out, Cross!" Wrecker swatted his hand at him. "It's different when you say it."

"How touching," the sniper said, rolling his eyes.

Omega wandered in right on cue, taking a seat in her usual spot behind Tech who was flying the ship with a flat face. How he managed to stay concentrated with all the chatter going on behind him, she'd never understand. No one seemed to notice her at first, but Tech eventually glanced over his shoulder, taking in her presence.

"You did an exceptional job today, Omega," Tech commented, turning back to the front.

"Thanks," Omega said, a warm feeling washing over her. "I've learned from the best." She flashed him one of her toothy grins. Tech just continued to stare out in front of him.

"That's kind of you, Omega. It helps when you actually listen and take in everything around you." Tech took a quick glance at his brothers who appeared to have started a physical fight. Omega let out a small raspberry, leaning back in her chair. " Very funny. Very funny,Tech. " She shook her head.