Stranger

Phee smiled at the sight before her. Pabu's sunset never ceased to amaze her. The glistening sparkle of sun's rays touching the undulating waves were enough to capture one's attention for hours. She had been to numerous planets for liberating purposes, each all beautiful in their own unique ways, but she wouldn't trade anything in the galaxy for Pabu and its community.

It was her home.

Her family.

"Magnificent, isn't it?" Phee brought her hand up, placing it on the clone standing next to her.

"Indeed," Tech agreed, his eyes flickering at the touch only to be brought back to nature's display.

He didn't flinch at the physical contact this time. He was growing used to Phee's display of affection, and he had to admit he found it comforting. So much of the galaxy was changing. Tech, for one, wasn't a fan of it. Despite his heartfelt conversation with Omega back in the ipsium mines, the constant twists and turns of life were overwhelming. While war was unpredictable, he could usually calculate the outcome of many scenarios due to the data he acquired from missions alike. Now, his usual was interrupted and replaced with choices he never dreamt to have to make. Feelings fluctuate, friends come and go, for better and for worse.

Adjusting was hard.

"We should probably get going," Phee retracted her hand. "Shep said Lyana and Omega have a surprise back at the house."

Tech made a face. "If it is another attempt at cooking, I will be passing up on the offer."

Phee gasped, playfully punching his shoulder with a lopsided grin. "Hey, they're trying! I'm sure the first time you tried to prepare a dish it wasn't perfect."

"Well, actually—"

"You're going to eat what they serve, Tech," Phee ordered rather than suggested, giving him a stern look that even he wouldn't challenge. He sighed, coming to terms that there was no point in arguing. "Let's get this over with."

"Now that's the spirit!" Phee laughed as the two headed off toward the mayor's hut. The walk wasn't terribly far, but long enough to where the sun now hid behind the horizon of the ocean. "Mmm, smells like a feast," Phee commented as they approached the cozy house. Before her fingers even touched the wooden doorframe, it swung open and the smiling, kind-mannered mayor greeted the two with wide open arms.

"About time!" Shep stepped aside, motioning for the couple to come in. "Dinner's about done."

Tech heard a loud thud followed by giggling exuding from the kitchen. With one quick peek he raised an unimpressed brow at Wrecker rolling on the ground with a bag of flour resting at his boots. He looked like a ghost. Omega and Lyana crowded around him erupting with laughter.

"Go wash up, Wrecker," came Hunter's tired voice as he finished placing the last napkin on the table. "Kids, why don't you bring the pasta over here."

"Yes, sir," Omega responded, lifting the massive blue bowl consisting of the homemade noodles. "Where's Echo?" Omega asked, searching for the missing ARC.

"He's finishing up the Marauder's repairs. He should be here any second," Hunter supplied as he took the bowl from Omega.

Tech entered the dining room just as Lyana ran into the wandering Gonk droid while holding the separate pot of tomato sauce. As if in slow motion, Tech watched as Lyana's hands propelled the pot forward due to the momentum of her fall. The red sauce splattered on the ground in an instant.

"Don't worry!" Lyana cried, rapidly wiping at the mess, scraping as much as she could salvage from the floor. "It's still good!"

Tech watched in horror as she placed the pot on the table.