Not So Well P1

The sun shined brightly through the window in the gunner's area. A tired girl squinted her eyes shut, pulling the light blanket over her face to prevent the light from invading her sleep, but in the end was defeated.

Omega groggily wrapped the blanket around her body, shuddering when the piece of fabric shifted, leaving her skin exposed for a few brief seconds. Her eyes fought the intense sleepiness despite her having gone to bed at a fairly decent time. Long golden strands of hair stuck to her forehead. Omega panicked to herself. She didn't know what was wrong with her. Not only was she freezing cold with sweat dripping down her neck, but her throat was raw as well, causing her pain when she swallowed.

Her heart skipped a beat when there was a soft knock on the wall of the ship just outside her room.

"Omega, are you up?" Echo's calming voice asked. He had put himself in charge of making sure the young clone went to bed and woke up on a tight schedule.

Omega silently cleared her throat before even thinking about answering.

"Yeah I'm up. Sorry, I was just really tired," she said back doing her best to sound normal. It was hard with her throat feeling like sandpaper.

"Alright. Come on and join us for breakfast. We have work to do today." She heard his footsteps disappear back down the ladder.

Omega sucked in a sharp breath before lugging herself away from the warmth of her blanket, the cold air biting at her skin. She stumbled into the cockpit, being careful not to alarm the others with her sudden wave of dizziness.

"There you are. I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long." Hunter smiled, handing her a ration bar.

Omega simply nodded, taking the smallest bites she could muster without feeling like she was going to throw up.

"Cid has another brief mission for us. It shouldn't take up the whole day, but it will require much needed planning if we are to pull it off," Tech said, his eyes glued to the datapad in his hands.

"Is she hiding any important information again?" Echo grimaced, remembering the whole Muchi situation.

"Her description seems very straight forward," the intelligent clone responded.

"Do we get to blow anything up this time?" Wrecker asked with a hopeful expression." All the past missions have been too quiet."

Tech rolled his eyes. "That's a good thing, Wrecker. We don't need the additional atten- Omega, are you alright?" He stopped mid sentence upon seeing the youngest member's face pale.

The rest turned their heads in her direction.

"Omega?" Hunter drawled out, his face twisting with concern.

Omega tried hard to not be a distraction, but she couldn't pretend any longer. The minute Tech called her out, she raced out of the pit and into the small fresher. She heaved into the toilet, the littlest bit of food she ingested came up. Tears threatened to spill out of her eyes as a herd of people came running to her position. She shakily stood up to greet them.

"Omega? What's wrong?" Hunter entered the fresher first kneeling beside her, one hand on her shoulder.

"I-I don't know," she rasped. "I woke up and didn't feel very good," her voice wobbled, unsure of what had come over her in just one night.

Hunter immediately placed a hand on her forehead. His face fell as he barked some orders to Tech and Echo.

"You have a temperature, that's for sure. Let's just get you back to bed for now," he said softly. He picked her up, passing her off to the larger clone with him.

Omega wrapped her arms around Wrecker's neck, letting her head rest comfortably on his shoulder. Her eyelids were heavy.

Tech rummaged through one of the ship's compartments to find some medicine. He was glad they still had some. He grabbed the pill container and made his way to the back of the Marauder.

"This should help with any pain she may be experiencing," he said, handing Hunter two round pills.

Echo came in seconds later holding a cup of water.

Hunter looked to Wrecker who was holding a sleeping Omega. He hated to be the one to wake her, but she had to take the medicine.

"Omega..." He watched as she slowly came back. "Hey, can you swallow this real quick for me?"

Wrecker carefully set her down upright on his bunk. Her head bobbed up and down. Hunter handed her the pills and glass of water. Once she took what she was given, her arms stretched out again for the comfort of Wrecker, who picked her up once more.

"Looks like we won't be going on a mission today," Echo said, rubbing a gentle hand on Omega's back. "I'll comm Cid. She'll understand."

"We'll be in need of more medical supplies. I'll go to the market and pick some up," Tech said, putting his helmet on before exiting the ship in a hurry.

"Hunter," Wrecker whispered, trying not to wake the girl that had already fallen back asleep. "I think she's cold." He nodded to her shivering form.

Hunter quickly ran to the gunner's mount and grabbed the blanket that was in a clump on the floor. When he came back, he found Wrecker sitting in a chair, Omega clinging onto him for dear life. He gently placed the fabric over her and watched in relief as her breathing evened out.

"Looks like you're stuck here for a while," the Sergeant chuckled.

Wrecker smiled down at their kid. "Yeah, but I don't mind."

I start school tomorrow 😭