Chapter 3

*Ajax*

Eros and I walked for a while. We'd come to a forest and were going deeper and deeper. I started to worry and realized following a stranger into the woods wasn't really the best idea. 

I'd initially approached him because he seemed different. The others seemed so superficial and sheltered, meaning they lacked depth. They were easy to read but Eros, was the complete opposite. He seemed like he'd experienced something that gave him depth. His looks didn't hurt either.

We finally came to a stop and my breath hitched when I seen the view. It was amazing. We'd coincidentally gotten there just in time for sunset. Though I think it was preplanned. 

The beautifully painted sky's reflection bounced off the surface of the pool of water. The vegetation, almost framing the lake gave the scene a romantic vibe.

Eros reached out for me and I gladly gave him my hand. He lead me to a fallen tree trunk. We sat there for what felt like forever. We talked about everything and anything. Eventually he fell asleep on my shoulder. Based on how he had spoken I could hear that he was hurting.

I wanted to savor every moment but my phone started ringing. In all the excitement I'd forgotten about the rest of the world. I slowly nudged Eros awake, who sat up rubbing his eyes. 

I pulled out my phone and answered. 

''Hello, yeah, yeah... I know ... I'm sorry. I'm on my way'' 

As I locked my phone and slipped it back in my pocket Eros spoke up.

''Wanna walk back together?'' He said with a small smile.

I nodded and we took off at a slight speed. I was in no rush but we had to get back soon. I was impressed with how well he navigated through the forest despite it being so dark out. Gave me the impression that he did it often.

'' So, you come out here often. Seems like second nature to you.''

He took a second to think before replying. ''Yeah, it's kind of my thing. I come out here when I want to be alone with my thoughts. It's soothing.''

'' That sounds really nice. I think I might have that same idea some time .'' I said with a suggestive smile.

''Well, whenever you need it.''

I looked at him and managed to make out a blush. I liked the effect I seemed to have on him.

'' Maybe I just like the company.'' I said knowing it'd intensify his blush.

He didn't reply. What I said didn't really warrant a reply. He was so easy to talk to and I don't know what it is about him but he makes me feel more like myself. 

We'd gotten out of the forest quicker than before ,which confirmed my theory of the sunset moment being predetermined. 

We walked down the road before finally coming to the point where we would have to separate. I felt a bit bummed to say goodbye to him.

''So, this  is where today ends.'' I said nervously. 

''It was really nice. I haven't had as much fun in a long time. So thank you, Ajax'' he said.

'' I had fun too. And I prefer AJ. goodnight Eros.''

''Goodnight Ajax'' he said with a wide smile.

I couldn't help but smile in return. I finally turned and began walking but just as we had a bit of distance between us I turned to scream, '' Will I be seeing you tomorrow?''

He hesitated for a while, almost as though he wasn't sure. '' Maybe.'' I heard him say in response which almost immediately made me smile again. 

As soon as I got home I was bombarded by my mother.

'' Is this the time to come home? Knowing about all your responsibilities and all we expect from you? This is inexcusable. I will not tolerate this behavior, not from you. What do you think the other royals will think? Have you done all this training for nothing? Have you wasted your whole life? Not a word from you. Go straight to your room without dinner and think about how reckless your choices were. I expect better, Ajax.''

I didn't  even bother arguing. I did as I was told and when straight to bed. My mood was still high, not even my mothers constant beratement could change that. Today was just amazing. 

Eros. What are you doing to me?