Chapter 22

*Ajax*

The school day had finally drawn to a close meaning that I could finally leave to go and see Eros. Although I was really nervous about how everything would go I was really hoping that he would forgive me for ghosting him whether it was by choice or not.

I finally picked the right outfit to go see him. I was wearing black, everything black because I knew Eros loved black. I felt a nervous flutter in my stomach as I approached the gates. Just a little over two weeks back I lost to this dumb spell and it had kicked my ass. It was still early in the day so I knew the wards weren't active but that didn't stop me from being cautious. I threw several rocks just to be extra sure I wouldn't run into the damn thing.

I just slid through the enormous gate like a snake slid through the space in between two separate trees. I picked up my pace and the nearer to our spot I had gotten, the faster my speed increased. Till I was basically at a full on run. Dashing through the leaves like a vulnerable open... witch I guess.

I finally came to the spot and I looked out over the water as I took in the pure nostalgia. It had been months since I last had been here and I really missed the place. I snapped my head side wards in an attempt to locate Eros but he wasn't here.

I felt my heart drop but I couldn't blame him, it must've been awful to keep coming here after I'd basically just abandoned him.

I thought about going to his house but I realised that I knew its general vicinity but not where it actually was or how it looked for that matter. All I knew was I couldn't leave it for another day. I had to talk to him and I had to do it today. I was done waiting.

I decided to go to the school. I knew I wouldn't find him there but maybe I'd find someone from school there who would know where I could find him. It was a reach but I felt like it was a good one if that made sense.

On my way there I decided to stop at a café . I wanted something to drink but when I looked through the glass doors my eyes immediately shot to the only person I wanted to see. There he was handsome as ever and I felt a little lighter when I seen a smile plastered across his face.

Then I seen the cause of his smiles. He was sitting across from another guy who I've seen before and even though I knew I had no say in who Eros spent his time with I still felt a spark of jealousy. But I just couldn't give up my only chance to talk to him because he needed to know, or I needed him to know.

Without anymore thought I pushed the door open and walked inside. It was like every step I'd taken was a step I had to force, my feet grew heavier and heavier but I pushed through until I stood right behind his booth.

I knew that I wouldn't say what I needed to say because that dude was there so I cast a quick spell to make him feel sick so he'd leave. I was discreet and no one saw, seeing as how I was well versed in casting spells on the down low.

As soon as he got up to leave Eros stood up and I tapped his shoulder before I mumbled ,"Hi".

He seemed to visibly freeze and when he turned around I felt shock grow in the pits of my stomach. Guilt suddenly engulfed me whole.

Eros' eyes were full of tears and his cheeks was bloodshot red. Then one single tear rolled down his cheek and I looked down unable to see him so heartbroken.

He didn't say anything he just stood there probably in shock.

"I'm so sorry for just disappearing. I didn't think that what happened would happen but I tried to come see you I really tried." I said my voice on the verge of cracking.

"You don't get to do that" he finally said, a little louder than a whisper.

"You don't get to just disappear and come back when you are ready. You left me alone! Ajax, you, you left me alone with my dark thoughts after all we went through. Now you don't get to be the victim. You don't get to be heartbroken when you are the one who disappeared leaving me in pieces. Pieces that I had to put back together myself. It took a lot of sleepless nights and I shed more then my entire weight in tears but I was getting better. I was getting rid of the weight on my chest and you don't get to come back and dump a truck load on me. You... just don't get to Ajax." he said, as sobs escaped his lips.

I felt nothing but guilt and I hated myself for doing this to him. I had shattered him and that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"I'm soo sorry Eros. I didn't mean for anything like this to happen. Just let me explain please." I pleaded hoping I could reach him.

The whole café was quiet as everyone stared at us as though they were watching some kind of soapie.

"Fine Ajax then tell me tell me the truth please. Make this better, make my pain go away" he finally said as he drew in a deep breath.

I was willing to tell him the whole truth right then and there. I was going to confess to him everything. The fact that I'm a witch and not just an ordinary witch but the prince of Salem. But with all this people here there was no way I could say anything. There was n way I could come clean here and right now.

"Eros, I want to tell you the truth and I promise I will just not..."

"What's going on here " ,the dude from earlier interrupted me. I glared at him, focusing my anger onto him.

He looked at Eros and after consoling him a bit he came up to me, " Do we have a problem here ?" he asked.

I glared at him even harder as I stood with gritted teeth trying my hardest not to get angry. But who was he to get involved and play the protector.

"Me and Eros will sort that out for ourselves thank you. I have no intentions of dealing with the likes of you." I spat angrily. I had allowed my rage to consume me and I knew that was a mixture for chaos. I quenched my hands at my sides squeezing hard as I tried to cam down.

"Come on lets just go" the dude told Eros as he jut stood there looking down.

Eros gave me one more glance before he left and my heart broke even more than I thought it would. I felt an explosion coming and I knew that I had to get out of here and away from everyone.

I called Reese, knowing that he'd come, before I ran out into the forest as fast as my legs could carry me. I was going to explode and I knew it.

________________________________________________________________

Hey readers. I hope you're enjoying it so far. I cant begin to describe how hard this chapter was to write because I've felt like Eros way too many times.

Anyway, if you enjoyed drop a vote and if you have any ideas to add to the overall story please don't feel shy to comment. Till next time I guess.