Chapter 14

*Ajax*

Leaving Eros made my heart drop and the idea of going home to my family made me feel even worse. I wasn't ready to deal with my life.
Before I could even reach for the door, it swung open landing with a hard thud.

"Ajax Aegeus Salem! Where have you been! As prince and heir to the throne I would hope that you take your responsibilities to your nation more seriously. At a dire time like this you decide to take leave and do as you like? I will not allow your impudence to stain our family name." my mother rambled on just as I stepped inside. By the looks of it she seemed to be gearing up for another long lecture.

Without giving her a chance to react I raced to my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I knew she wouldn't follow, she had way too much pride for that.

I threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling as I got lost in thought.

Eros and I had stumbled into a whole new world. Despite my family lineage I still thought of the idea as phenomenal.

Unfortunately just like all dreams this one too came to its end. The thought of being back home made my chest feel heavy, the familiar sense of not being able to breathe lingering over me. Back to the real world. Back to the indescribable pain of being someone I never could be.

The next morning I woke to a servant knocking on my door.

"My prince, it is time for breakfast. Your parents expect your presence in 10 minutes." I heard Charles' voice echo along the hallway.

"Thank you Charles. I will be down momentarily." I replied.

As I approached my already seated family. I could sense the tension. They'd probably been discussing my punishment. For them no act can go without consequence and that was something they drilled in my head day in and day out.

"Morning Mother. Morning Father." I said as I sat down. Mentally preparing for the shit coming my way.

They nodded before looking to each other as though they were having a telepathic conversation. Wouldn't surprise me if they were, they did that kind of thing often.

Finally after a while of the awkward silence my Father spoke up.

" Ajax, seeing as how you clearly have no remorse for your actions, your mother and I feel we have no choice but to revoke your privileges. From now on you are not permitted to leave the grounds without Charles as your escort. He will help us keep an eye on you." he finished with a heavy sigh.

"Seems fair." I said as I stood to leave. " I don't want to be late for school, so I should "

" That's the other thing" my father interrupted. " You will be schooled at home as you should've from the beginning."

I immediately felt my blood begin to boil. I knew they would find a reason to take this away from me. That's all that matters. Whether they control me or not. "No way! That's the only thing I do for myself. You want to take that from me too?" I said as I huffed away, getting more and more angrier. I suprised myself with my vulgarity.

"It was a bad idea from the beginning. We should've known that you would start changing. I mean look at the manner in which you address your father and I. You have been influenced to behave like a commoner and for the life of me, I cannot... No i will not allow it." my mother chipped in trying to convince me that this was all my fault.

I didn't even bother arguing, I knew that it'd amount to nothing. I just sighed before standing up to leave.

" Classes begin in half an hour my prince " Charles added right before I disappeared up the stairs.

I walked over to the schooling wing only to find that I wasn't alone. Children from the richest members of our coven were here. 'Royal school'. This was going to be hell.

I shrugged off the teacher as he tried to introduce me to the other learners and walked straight to the back of the classroom.

"Hey new kid, That's my seat" someone walking toward me called out.

I looked up to see who it was and the moment he recognized me he backed off bowing.

" I'm sorry Prince Ajax. I didn't know it was you." he said.

" It doesn't matter who I am, you should treat people with respect. " I said as I stood to find another place. He just looked down and let me pass. I guess being a Prince meant I was different from even the richest.

I made my way to the opposite side of the classroom, still keeping to the back row, before I sat down next to someone who was so distracted by his drawing he didn't look up to see who was sitting next to him.

The class droned on and I spent most of my time staring out the window and daydreaming about my time with Eros. I wondered what he was doing. I wondered if he was thinking about me as much as I thought about him.

" Would you like to add anything to the lesson before I conclude Prince Ajax?" My teachers words rang in my ears snapping me out of my daydream. Almost instantaneously the whole class turned to look at me with shock.

It would appear no one noticed me until my teacher decided to announce my presence. I just waved him off before he finished his lesson.

The boy next to me looked up for the first time and handed me his hand.

"I'm Adrian." he said with a wide smile. " Don't worry, you being a prince really means nothing to me. I judge people based on their personality not their status." he said as he let go of my hand. It was almost as though he could read my mind.

"Wouldn't it be better if you refrained from judging them all together?" I asked with a simple smile.

"If I did that then how would I know who I can consider a friend?" he shot back with a side smile.

"Well, I guess that makes sense. Nice to meet you Adrian " I said as he went back to his drawing and I continued staring out the window.

'Eros would like him' I thought to myself.

__________
Hey readers... So i just wanted to update you guys on the overall story... Ive decided to change the name since i think the old one doesn't really suit the story... And I've also changed the cover... I hope you guys like it and as always your constructive criticism will definitely be appreciated...
Hope you enjoyed reading