Chapter 25

*Eros*

I waited for Kai to walk away from my front door before slipping out the back.

The more I entered the other realm the easier it was and I didn't even need to wait for a full moon to open it anymore. I hadn't been back in a short while but I missed being there.

I strolled through the forest as I made my way to my spot. To loss point. It was funny now because the name was kind of ambiguous. The point where we got lost and the place where I lost Ajax. Well where he and I were happy last. I let out a soft chuckle at the thought but I felt the pain in my chest.

As I weaved through the trees, I found myself fascinated with the way the forest seemed to embrace itself. The way it lavished in its own beauty. It doesn't need to be reminded of what or who it is.It just seemed to understand. .

Here I am, running through the forest to jump through a portal to a different realm knowing full well what I was, a Lycanth, and still I could never embrace myself as the trees did.

Even in the realm I came from,I had this little whisper in the back of my mind telling...no almost reminding me that I did not belong because while it was a part of who I am it was not all of who I am.

I don't know why but I never felt comfortable talking about my personal life while I was with the other wolves. It may have been there not so subtle homophobic jokes or it could be something more. It felt as though I couldn't trust them, not truly.

I realised that there was a warm tickling sensation running down my cheek and when I lifted my hand to meet my cheek, I felt a warm, wetness and I realised that I was crying. It was weird to me because I didn't know why the barriers I'd been keeping up, to keep everything inside, just dropped . It could have been a little bit of everything, but it felt like it could've been for nothing too. I didn't have words to describe it but I just felt numb again. A new type of numb this time. And I wasn't sad but I wasn't happy either. I was just numb. And this feeling, I knew would always stick with me.

I continued my stroll wiping furiously at my face as I hated the tickling sensation of my tears but they didn't seem to end. Tear after tear until it was a gentle stream. I looked at my now soaked hands and all I could think was 'fuck'.

And then I stopped dead in my tracks as I looked up and seen someone I just wish would hold me again. I froze because I felt intense conflict within myself and my stomach twisted with nerves.

It was Ajax and he was sitting on the branch we used to sit on staring out across the water. He seemed different though. He was sad and he looked almost hopeless and I only noticed because it was exactly how I had been feeling as of late.

I breathed in his scent which sent me into a rush of nostalgia as I thought back on all the memories we shared and with those memories came the pain of him leaving without a trace. I was too tired to feel angry so I just turned around ready to leave when I felt a gentle grip on my wrist.

"Please don't go Eros. Please hear me out" he said and as I heard his voice I was ready to just hug him and hold him close to me, as close as I possibly could and never let him go again, but I knew I couldn't because that would make me vulnerable again and that was the last thing I was going to be. So I just stood there, my head lowered as I stared into nothingness. He held my wrist firmly almost as though he was begging me to turn around. We just stood like that. And then I heard the same ear piercing shriek I did when we were in the other realm, still lost ,and just like it did back then, it brought me down to my knees in pain.

________________________

Hey readers...I know this chapter was short but I'm tryna build anticipation so bare with me.

I hope you enjoyed and I hope to hear your ideas on what the source of the crippling sound could be. Till the next chapter then...