Chapter 18

*Eros*

The portal closed behind me with a loud whooshing sound that made me nervous. As soon as I looked forward I realised for the first time just how beautiful this place actually is.

It was so quiet and warm. The sky was bright and there was a mischievous wind that blew about freely dancing between the trees. The suns rays were soft and welcoming and the sound of the water rushing down the river filled the air. Peace.

Then just like in the movies I was pulled out of my daze by the sound of a bush rustling. The sound seemed to travel from the left, then to the right till it made a full circle around me. As I turned around to scope my surroundings I seen a man standing behind me.

He stood there expressionless but he seemed to be calculating or analysing the situation. I awkwardly lifted my hand to wave whilst scratching the back of my neck with the other. He let out a big smile and waved back and at that moment people started to walk out the bushes around me. Almost every bush hid a person and despite the crowd of at least 10 people that now stood around me I didn't feel unsafe, instead I felt nervous, almost as though this was some big moment.

The man from before stepped forward and started to speak.

"Hello there young cub. I see you're lost" he said and his voice sounded so warm and inviting. He seemed so familiar but I just couldn't place it.

"Y... yeah, I'm kind of new around here" I replied with a nervous chuckle.

He simply laughed before he turned to the other people from the bush. They whispered among themselves and I just stood there unsure of what to do until eventually I began to walk off.

Almost in a state of panic the man stopped me," No, don't leave young one. Please allow us to introduce ourselves." he said. I simply nodded in response and he continued," Well I am the village chief and these are our hunters. They've told me about your presence in our realm and we've come to welcome you." he said motioning toward the others.

"Hi. I'm Eros. I'm sorry for showing upwithout permission.

"Nonsense. This is where you belong" the man replied. His words freaked me out but I didn't pay much mind to it.

They lead me back to a cave which seemingly appeared from out of nowhere and as soon as we entered the air was flowing with melodies and sounds of joy. Laughter and music.

People noticed me here and there but besides that they acted nonchalant despite my presence. Maybe I had a familiar face.

After weaving and dodging through the small crowd we came to a stop at a building the looked exactly the same as the others, the only noticeable difference was that it was positioned in the middle of the village.

"So tell me young one, which one of our sister villages do you hail from?" the chief asked as he took a seat in front of me.

"I'm not from any sister village. I'm not from this realm or plane or whatever..." I answered honestly yet my heart was beating out of my chest.

The chiefs eyes widened and he stood up , stepping uncomfortably close before he began examining me. Feeling vulnerable I wrapped my hands around my self as I stepped back.

After a while of awkward silence he finally looked up at me and took a step back.

"Incorrect, you are indeed from this realm. For you and I and the rest of our kind share the same blood. The strongest blood."

The words coming out from this mans mouth would've been more then enough proof of my waning sanity but for some odd reason I found myself believing him intensely. I trusted him despite not knowing a thing about him.

" Look, Mr chief sir... I'm definitely not from here. I was outside with a.. a friend when a portal opened up and brought us here" his eyes widened but quickly after a relaxed facial expression graced his face.

"Your friend was the one who does not have our blood?" he asked quizzically and I nodded , a bit more enthusiastically then I'd intended.

"So what is he?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow before asking," human?"

he laughed at my words.

"He is anything but. He smelled non human and he smelled of a different blood, so he cannot be human and he cannot be Lycanth. What is he really?" he must've realized that I was clueless from my facial expression because he didn't wait for an answer before he continued, "you must've noticed his scent differed from the normal humans."

Thinking about it he did have a unique smell, but I just thought it was a perfume. He exhumed a strong aura, which made sense because I've never seen a human with that strength. what am I saying. He has to be human. It's Ajax . I was left dumbfounded and in shock.

Only one thought dominated my mind now, who or what was Ajax really?