Chapter 21

*Ajax*

Over the last 2 weeks my parents became unbearably smothering. My mother more so then my father. It got to the point where she had someone stand outside the toilet every time I needed to use it. It was ridiculous but I knew my mother was just worried and this shouldn't last much longer as long as I didn't try to escape again.

I found my thoughts drifting to Eros so often and it was like torture. I couldn't stand the idea that I had hurt him and that he wouldn't understand just what happened. The mental image of him standing alone at our spot no one to talk to anymore. My heart pained at the realisation that he might be angry with me maybe enough to completely forget about me and the worst part was that I couldn't blame him. It did seem as though I'd ghosted him.

Reese and I had become really close friends since the 'accident'. He was easy to talk to and I began to trust him enough to be myself around him. Not the prince of Salem future leader to all the witches in my coven, just regular old Ajax.

"Think fast" he said as he hurdled a ball at my head. I turned to him with an amused smile as I'd used my magic to stop the ball effortlessly.

"Hey! That's cheating. No magic" he said in a whiny tone.

"No magic for you. I needed to train to get back to where I was before the accident. So I can do all the magic I want" I said with a menacingly silly chuckle.

He just nodded his head in defeat as he looked up at me a smile decorating his face as he said, "Fine. It'll only make me beating you so much better."

I smiled in response getting ready for a good one on one match which, I was confident I'd win.

We played for what felt like hours before Charles insisted I go inside to rest. I mean it was absurd, it'd been two full weeks since the accident and I was feeling back to normal, besides a slight pain in my upper abdomen but Charles didn't have to know that. I simply complied as I knew protesting would surely lengthen my sentence.

I reluctantly waved goodbye to Reese before being escorted to my room. This was absolute horror.

The next day came with a newfound lightness. I felt like I was ready to just go back to normal.
I went down to breakfast before Charles came up to summon me warranting a surprised face from both my parents. I took a seat next to my mother.

She seemed in a god mood as well and for a change she wasn't on the phone.

"Good morning Ajax. Nice to see you on time for once." she said with a slight smile in my direction.

I did my best to ignore her comment before I turned to her to say " Well since I've been so well behaved these last two weeks could I maybe loose the Charles sized tail?" I asked with the sweetest smile I could muster.

She took a sip of her coffee as she contemplated looking at my father obviously communicating telepathically. After a while she finally spoke, " Perhaps we were too harsh on you before. I am in no way saying that what you did, did not warrant punishment but if we are to trust you to sit on the throne of Salem one day and lead your people we could trust you enough to look after yourself. At least enough to go into the town every now and then." she said sipping again from her cup. I cheered triumphantly but I quickly collected myself and sat down.

"But be warned Ajax. One sign of disobedience , one hair out of line and this privilege will be revoked until you lived the length of one human life." she said sternly looking to my dad who gave a nodd in response.

"Yes ma'am" I said as I moved to leave the table, overexcited to go out.

"Not so fast, you still have classes to attend and I expect you to be in every one of them" my dad spoke up as though he knew my first thought was to run out the castle gates.

I simply nodded and walked up to my bedroom to get ready for the day.

School seemed to drag on and all I was waiting for was for the day to end signalling that I could finally go meet up with Eros and finally explain to him what happened. Though now that I was thinking about it, what exactly would I say? I hadn't told him about my true nature and I didn't think it'd be a good idea to tell him now, seeing as I wasn't sure how he'd react to me.

I instantly felt the nerves begin to twist in my stomach as I thought about seeing him again. I was excited but I was more scared than anything else.

What if things weren't the same? What if he had moved on? What if I make a fool out of myself? What if he no longer likes me?

These thoughts began to cloud my brain making me forget where I was. All I could picture was Eros standing there hopefully, with his handsome smile, waiting for me to embrace him and show him just how much I'd missed him.

Though more often than not reality seems to disappoint me in more ways than one.

------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading guys. If you enjoyed this chapter please feel free to drop a vote and comment any ideas on where you think this is going? Thank you for reading