Chapter 23

*Ajax*

I was running through the forest when someone smashed into me from the side sending me flying into a tree. I held myself together and got up before realising it was Reese who obviously used a spell and somehow managed to get it wrong.

" I'm going to explode, help me!" was all I said as I fell to my knees clutching my own chest tightly.

He immediately started chanting and a huge shield spread over myself and a few of the trees.

I let out a scream and I felt my purple flames force its way out from my entire body. I howled and my flames turned blue from the heat as they shot out in concentric circles around me. I screamed once more and it was like everything inside me was forcing its way out and I heard Reese scream in pain as his shield shattered. I tried to stop but I couldn't, my flames continuing to emanate in rings out from inside me.

I felt all the pain I've been pushing down, I felt all the sorrow I thought I'd moved on from and I felt all the anger I'd built up. It was excruciating and yet it was so liberating at the same time.

After a while I calmed down and I felt drained of not only my energy but of my hurt as well. It was still there just not as heavy as before.

I quickly pulled myself up as I realised Reese might be hurt. I spotted him still on the ground and I went to his side. I pulled him over to see he had a wide smile and was chuckling silently.

"You ass!" I exclaimed.

"You were worried about me, weren't you?" he said with a grin.

I pushed his shoulder before asking, "You good?"

"Yeah, I mean it hurt but I'll be fine." he said with a chuckle.

"I'm sorry dude. Didn't think it'd break your shield. " I said surprised by my own actions.

"What the hell was that dude? What triggered that" he asked genuinely concerned.

I sighed as I thought about the actual reason. "I don't know but I should have been able to control it. I haven't had an outburst like that since I hit puberty."

"Yeah, sounds like we should go to an actual doctor to find out what the hell happened" he said, his tone dripping in sarcasm and I just nodded in agreement.

Eros needed time to process anyway and as much as I wanted to talk to him I couldn't risk putting him in any danger.

Sitting in a place I'd rather not be, watching the clock tick on made me feel nervous. Nervous for what it might mean for me and for my chance at talking to Eros again. The infirmary patient rooms were quiet as can be yet filled with things that drove people insane. I'm not one to believe in ghosts but as a witch I knew there had to be some variation of a truth behind them.

"Well I have your results right here Ajax so worry not." Dr Natasha said interrupting my thoughts.

"Just tell me as it is. Please" I pleaded with her.

"Well, my prince, that's just it. There's nothing wrong in actuality it seems as though your power has grown again. It's like when you hit puberty and your power manifested. like you've had another power spurt for lack of a better term." she said with a slight smile though in her face I could see she was amused which meant there was something she didn't know.

" Butwhat are you not telling me doctor?" I asked waiting impatiently for a reply.

"Well , normal witches have three 'power spurts' through out there life. First when theyre born, second when they've reached physical maturity and lastly when they reach mental maturity." she said.

"But isn't that good news? That would mean that I've reached my mental maturity?" I asked quizzically feeling more and more nervous.

"But that's just it. This isn't an actual power spurt. I said it was like a power spurt. Which would most likely come when you are in your twenties. At this age it is highly unlikely seeing as your brain still requires development." she said maintaining an amused grin. " Your power seems to have been growing bit by bit since the last time you came in. "

"Meaning?" I asked trying not t seem too alarmed.

"Meaning that when you brought down your parents wards you triggered something in your magic and now it seems to be growing at a constant rate." she said with a now excited grin. "If this continues your power level will be at your parents' before you reach your next birthday. It might just so happen that you reach it on your next birthday. Wouldn't that be a gift of the century." she said beaming.

"And what about after my birthday? What if it continues?" I asked.

A worried facial expression took over her face as she said," there's no way of knowing but if you become too powerful you might become unstable or you might even cause a cosmic event.

I just sat staring at my hands as I thought about her words. The more they sunk in the more my heart pained because it meant I would become to dangerous to be around Eros.

" Well, I will inform your parents of what is happening. All you need to do is live your life as best you can and when we get to a point where this might be a problem, that's when you can start worrying about it. But for now you focus on enjoying your teenagehood while it still lasts.

Her words were meant to bring me comfort but they just made me terrified. But I had decided I would take her advice, hopefully my parents would agree to that as well.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey readers thanks for reading, I hope you guys are still enjoying it.

The story's getting real interesting now. If you guys think you know where it's going drop a comment and if you liked this chapter don't forget to vote.