Chapter 16

*Eros*

I don't know what happened to Ajax. He just disappeared. Its been a week since our homeroom teacher announced that he left to go to a private school. I tried to text him but after I didn't get a response to my hundredth message I gave up.

He didn't want to come home, I could see it in his eyes. I still selfishly let him come back. For all I knew he could resent me for it. Despite the possibility I didn't have it in me to believe that he just forgot about me, so every night I went to sit at our picnic spot, at loss point, waiting for him to come.

It sounded so pathetic but I was scared that without him I would go back to the place I was at after my parents died. I thought that I wouldn't have a reason to smile again.

Aunt Sylvie was starting to worry again and that made me feel even worse. I wish I could go back and change everything but at the same time I knew I couldn't hurt my family by choosing to stay there.

Though I wish I could've had just one more moment there. Just to savour it and to cherish the memory.

I hadn't even realized that it was night time and that's when I noticed that it was a full moon. Scrambling to find my phone I looked at the time. There was two more hours for midnight.

The portal could open up again and I could go back. Just for a few hours. Now that I knew how it all worked there'd be no reason to not go.

At the forefront of my mind one thought rang louder than the rest' Ajax. My heart began to pang and I felt a tear stream down my cheek.

" Oh hell no. You are not going to cry over something as stupid as a fling!" I screamed out talking to myself. Then the more I thought about it the more I realized that to me it was more than a fling. I felt something for him. I felt a lot of little somethings for him.

Then I got angry. The thought of him being able to hurt me in this way, despite us knowing each other for such a short period of time. The fact that I'd opened up to him after shutting out the most important people in my life. He got me to drop my armour and it felt like it was him who drove a spear through my chest.

I just sat there thinking hard about what an idiot I was to think that I was worth love. That I would ever be more then the emo, anti-social kid who lost his parents.

I felt a familiar numbness take over me and that's when I realized that if I continued like this I would indeed go back to the place in my life I dreaded most.

There has to be a way to fix me. There had to be something or someone out there who could help me.

I remembered a time that I had felt like I belonged. A time I felt like I was more then what everyone said I was. Even if it was for a short period of time I felt happy. That was through the portal.

I had a feeling when I was there and since I've been home something has been off. At first I thought it was just Ajax but now I realise it was much more then that. It was as though the place called to me. The real me. I knew I had to go back.

I would know what to do once I got there.