Chapter 12

*Eros*

Walking through this strange jungle with Ajax was far better than I thought it'd be. We spoke about nothing but the conversation kept flowing. I could get lost in him so easily. Especially when I looked into his Egyptian blue eyes. They sent me spiralling.

"Like what you see?" Ajax asked when he caught me staring.

" I don't know. 'Like' is a strong word, don't you think?" I retorted.

Before he could reply an ear piercing shriek darted through the air. It was so painful I felt blood leak out of my ear. I looked over to Ajax but he seemed fine. Way too fine.

He looked over at me and seen me crouching holding my ears to my head. Panic became evident in his eyes and he rushed to my side.

"What's happening? Eros are you okay? Why are you bleeding?" he asked breathless.

"Didn't you hear that scream? It hurt like a bitch. It was so loud, you have to have heard it?" I said quizzically.

He simply nodded before pulling out the make shift water containers to clean out my ears.

" I hope this doesn't get infected or anything. I'm no doctor but I think that your eardrum might have burst"

" Well, if the sound was loud enough to burst my ear drum, I really don't understand how you could've missed it" I continued as I searched for a logical explanation.

" Only one of your ear drums burst. That's peculiar if you ask me." he simply stated.

" Trust me, I felt the pain in both my ears."

" I think this means we need answers more now than ever." he said before taking a deep breath" We should keep moving"

I took one last look at the surroundings before I turned to catch up with Ajax. This place was getting weirder and weirder.

A few hours later we finally reached camp. My ear stopped paining a while ago but I was still worried about getting an infection.

" We're here. Now what?" I said as I turned to Ajax.

"We move toward loss point" he said firmly.

"Lead the way kind sir" I said as I motioned him forward.

"Don't mind if I do, handsome" he said as he flashed a smirk and stole a brief kiss.

After walking in at least five different directions away from camp we finally found it. It wasn't all too familiar to me, but that was to be expected given my state at the time.

" Well, spread out and look for something odd." he said.

I simply gave him a knowing look and a side smile before he realised his mistake.

"Off course by odd I mean something that sticks out, seeing as how everything here is quite odd.

I smiled at him before walking off to inspect the surrroundings.

After a while of searching I came across a weird symbol carved out onto a tree.

I reached out to touch it and it began to glow. I stumbled backward in shock and ended up making a lot of noise. Ajax came racing to my side.

"What did you find?" he asked as he knelt beside me.

I filled him in on what happened and he reached out to touch the symbol himself, but nothing happened.

" What?! Uhmm, why isn't it glowing. Did I imagine it or something?" I asked getting flustered.

" I don't think so. I have an idea" Ajax answered before pulling my hand into his. " Do you mind" he said with a soft smile that made me heat up. " N..n..no" I stammered.

Slowly he pulled my hand forward and the closer it got to the symbol the brighter it began to glow.

Then he placed my hand directly on the symbol and a bubbling noise erupted from the ground.

The green grass began to swirl and liquify. Then a wave of green rose again, almost identical to the one we uncounted on our date.

"This is it E. This is our way home! Don't you see?" Ajax exclaimed elated at the sight before us.

"I'm not sure Ajax. This feels way too easy." I responded warily.

"What else could it be?" he asked.

" I don't know. I just feel like I shouldn't be leaving this place."

" I hear your concern E but the way I look at it , we have two choices. We stay here and search for a different way home, one of which might be right in front of us or we chance it and we might get home. Either way, there's only one way to find out." he said. His tone of voice soothed me and made me feel safe.

"Let's do it. Together" I said as I reached out for his hand.

He took my hand and we walked into the green wave. We began to float exactly the same as the first time and just before we left I heard someone screaming. It took me a moment to understand but I was pretty sure they were screaming the name KAI.

Before I could dedicate any more thought to it a familiar darkness clouded my vision and I felt my consciousness drift.

May the moon be our guard and may its rays be our guide.

__________________

Hey readers. So I have really exciting plans for the story and I'm ecstatic for everyone to read it. If anyone has any suggestions or constructive criticism please feel free to comment. Don't forget to vote.Thanks for reading. Have an amazing 'rest of your evening/day'.