Chapter 15

*Ajax*

It had been a week since my parents pulled me out of school. I couldn't tell Eros where I'd been because they decided to take my cell phone as well. Apparently, cell phones caused degradation of the mind. Charles followed me like a lost puppy making sure to check on whatever I was doing. I couldn't even cast a simple spell.

I decided it had been long enough. Tonight I was going to escape this place to check on Eros. I'd be back before anyone could even realize I'm gone. I just need the spell to create an opening in the wards my parents set around the entire castle.

While Charles took a much needed toilet break I managed to sneak into his room. He'd be occupied for at least fifteen minutes. I gave him something to ensure that he would.

His room was spotless. Not a hair out of place. I would have to make a mental image of everything. I was trying to think of where he would put it, seeing as how it was one of the most sensitively important spells. I finally decided a callout spell would work best.

Closing my eyes I concentrated on exactly what I wanted and just as always it came flying out from its hiding place.

I made a quick duplicate using a spider's web and put everything in its place before slipping out and marching off to my room.

When I got there I was about to look at the spell before I heard a knock at the door. I scrambled to hide it before opening the door.

"Hi Reese. What brings you here?" I asked surprised by his arrival.

" I don't know. just wanted to see you" he said calmly. swinging keys around his middle finger.

"You wanted to see me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

" Yeah. The prince of Salem. Our future leader."

I just chuckled before I asked, "What do you really want?".

He let out a laugh and put is hands up. " You caught me. Look I heard that you're powerful. Monumentally so. Like the type that hasn't been seen in years."

I just shrugged my shoulders. "Rumours are just that, rumours. Why do you ask?"

He looked at me as though he was trying to analyse me.

"No reason. Just wondering." he said as he pushed off the doorframe and began to walk away.

I knew I'd have to be wary with him.

"Wait up." I said as I walked to his side. "Lets go" I said as I pulled at his hand.

We made our way to the forest behind the castle, making sure we were alone before turned to him.

"So what do you want that requires so much power?" I asked with knitted brows.

"Resurrection" he said with a straight face.

"You kill someone?" I asked, getting more and more anxious.

"No, but if you can't help me I might need to be resurrected." he said with a weird smile.

"What do you need?"

"Will you be able to help?" he asked ignoring my question.

I looked to see if anyone was around before I raised my hand.

"What are you doing?" he said with a look of confusion.

I closed my eyes and felt the magic surge through me.

A dark purple fire grew in the palm of my hand and I looked up to find Reese with an unimpressed grin.

I smiled before the flames climbed up my arm and wrapped around my whole body. I began to rise into the air and I knew my eyes had become the dark, purple colour they'd always turned to.

I laughed at the shock on his face as I powered down and dusted my self off.

"That enough power for you?" I asked,

"Come on then" he said as he motioned for me to follow.

"You wrecked Master Genori's garden! You have a suicide wish?" I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"Can you fix it or not?" he asked out of breath. "Preferably before she notices."

"It's complete resurrection, it's going to take a lot of power, especially given the size of her garden" i said watching as he nervously paced back and forward,

"I can give it a try" I said to his immediate relief.

Taking a deep breath in I closed my eyes and began chanting. I felt the magic course through my veins and I called on the moon for her power. Off course it was daytime so I couldn't draw as much power as I would need so I'd have to rely on myself completely.

I visualized the magic leaving my body and going into the ground ,fixing the broken and bringing back the life they'd lost. I felt every flower and every leaf. I gave my power to the process and I could feel it pull at my life force.

"Just a little more buddy, " I heard Reese call out.

Finally I felt the life in the plants and I drew back my power. Dropping to the ground to grab my breathe I looked up to see the garden was fully restored. Beyond that everything seemed far more lively and beautiful.

"Thank you. Thank you" Reese said as he squeezed me into a hug.

I just pushed him away gently and tapped him on the head.

"You owe me." I said.

"What are you boys doing here?! There is no combat training today. Off you go!" we heard Master Genori scream from afar.

"Yes master" we said before scuffling off.

"Meet me tonight at the castle doors. You're going to help me escape and get back without anyone noticing." I said just before we split. He nodded hesitantly before going on his way.

I was finally going to see Eros and I couldn't wait.