Chapter 28

*Ajax*

I could feel my energy dwindling. The only thing keeping me from collapsing was the strength I absorbed from that wolf. It gave me the edge I needed to keep up with the wolves till now but it was getting too much.

I couldn't resort to magic because they didn't give me a chance to think about my own name, let alone a spell complex enough to get me out of this situation. I threw punch after punch and dodged countless attacks but I really needed a way out.

Just when it felt like my legs were about to give way, a familiar face appeared with a burst of energy.

Reed. He came in swinging, every punch sending a wolf flying. When he reached me he tossed me something. It was like a mini statue.

"What the hell was that?" I asked quizzically. "You just had these charms laying around?"

"Well, not everyone can rely on there powers completely like you. Some of us lower levels need a boost here and there." he replied with an amused smirk and a sarcastic tone.

The one he'd tossed to me was a revitalising one and I assumed the one he held was one for strength.

I activated the charm by smashing it and I felt my body refuel. All my cuts healed to a certain degree, though the pain remained. I knew this would be bad for the wolves. I looked up at the alpha who stood towering in the distance and I let out a devilish smile before lunging forward.

Now with the help of Reed we made quick work of the wolves. Only two of them were left. The alpha and another one who seemed like his second.

I looked over to Reed who still held a smirk on his face.

"You take the big one and I'll deal with the little one" he said.

I simply nodded in response and we separated, heading towards our individual opponents.

I stood face to face with the Alpha and he seemed worried though he hid it quiet well.

"We don't have to do this you know." I said trying one final time to reach some kind of understanding.

He simply snarled and charged towards me.

I either underestimated him or overestimated myself but the alpha was the alpha for a reason and now I understood just why. He was much stronger and much more agile then all the others. His attacks were accurate and planned out.

He sent me flailing through the air like a ragdoll more then I'd care to admit. I was crouched on the ground trying to get myself back up and when I looked over at him he stood menacingly, glaring at me but keeping his distance. He just stood there, almost as though he was planning.

I looked over at Reed who had managed to get the other wolf in a head lock and was trying to use his magic to send it to sleep, when the alpha ripped a tree from the ground and sent it hurdling towards Reed. I screamed to signal him but only the wolf managed to escape and although Reed tried to grab it his strength charm was losing its power.

The tree pinned him to the ground and the wolf began to close in on him. I ran towards them and that's when I felt the alphas teeth dig into my ankles as he tossed me across the battlefield. When I hit the ground all the air in my lungs was knocked out and I gasped in pain.

I struggled to pull myself up and I heard Reed let out a screech before he went silent. Panic set in as I thought the worst and when I looked back at the alpha he had this satisfied grin which sent me reeling.

I felt flames burst from my body once again as I was engulfed in them. This time the flames matched the colour of my eyes. I rose into the air and with a single wave of my hand I sent the alpha flying through trees and rocks alike.

I then moved towards Reed where the wolf stood with fear in his eyes.

I lifted him up to my eye level without touching him before I screamed at him, "What did you do?! ".
     Without giving him a chance to answer I slammed him into the ground and I could hear his ribs shatter, he whelped in pain, but I ignored it as I moved closer to Reed.

I touched the tree and it immediately disintegrated . I cradled Reed in my arms and when he stirred in my arms my flames immediately went out.

He opened his eyes and I immediately filled with relief.

"You're okay?" I said trying to breathe normally.

"Aww, you do care about me" he said with a rasp in his voice.

I let out a small chuckle before dropping him gently on the ground.

"You ass" he retorted.

I smiled at that as I made my way over to Eros who was still hammering at the shield.

"I'm soo sorry about everything E. I didn't mean for anything to happen like this." I said nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"No, it's okay. I understand most of everything. But you can fill in the blanks later. For now can you drop this stupid bubble so I can hug you?" he said with a slight laugh. His words were like music to my ears and I felt this warmth in my chest that I had missed, more than I realised.

Then as I was about to drop the spell I felt a sharp pain in my back, which grew and I shrieked as a blade made its way out of the front of my chest. I grabbed at the blade in response as it lifted me into the air , adding to the already excruciating pain.

I heard Eros scream," Chief NOO! AJAAAX!" and that's when everything went black yet again.

___________________________________________

Hey readers. I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well as the unexpected twist. It was specifically difficult to write this chapter because I really wanted it to be perfect and to have emotion which I hope I've managed to achieve. To everyone who has supported me this far thank you soo much.

There's only one chapter left so I hope you're as excited as I am.