Chapter 10

*Eros*

Weeks had passed and Ajax and I were starting to settle into our new lives. We had established a not too shabby home. It was weird practically living with Ajax after just having had our first date not so long ago.

We actually got a lot closer, mostly due to the fact that we were each others only form of entertainment. Things did get tense we even had small disagreements here and there but nothing serious.

It had gotten to the point where we'd accepted never going home and even though it really sucked, it got a lot easier to live with as time went by.

It was still the early parts of the day. I decided to climb up a tree and sat at the highest point, looking out over the jungle watching the sun rise. This new world we were thrown into was similar to ours yet so different at the same time.

The pull of the moon was so much stronger here. I don't know how to describe it but this place had a sense of mysticism that I felt I could relate to in some weird way. The sun had fully revealed itself and its rays began to burn at my skin, so I started my climb down.

As I neared the ground, I miss stepped on a branch, lost my balance and went hurling to the ground. I closed my eyes as I knew there was nothing I could do to prevent the inevitable hard thud I would soon come to know. The fall was quick though to my surprise it hadn't ended with a thud, it just, stopped. Opening my eyes slowly I realized that I was somehow hovering just above the ground.

I stared in shock and after a few seconds I fell the remaining distance to the ground. I got up with a burst of speed and stood there, scratching at my head, trying to come to a logical conclusion on how it happened. Then I remembered how I got here in the first place and I felt a chill make its way through my body. Shaking off the feeling I made my way back to camp, knowing Ajax would be waking up.

We carried out our daily duties as usual; cleaning, repairs and all the works before we decided to sit on a tree branch which towered above our 'home'.

"So, it's been a while since we've got here and I don't think I can bear to spend another day just lazing about camp. What to you think about us going exploring?'' I asked Ajax with the softest smile I could muster. " Before you answer I know that it's dangerous but we know our way around here and we've made weapons." I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding in.

Ajax looked at me and smiled before returning his gaze to the trees.

"Well, to be honest I was thinking the exact same thing. We've been here for what feels like months , a little exploring can't hurt."

I didn't reply, I just pulled him in for a soft kiss before starting my climb down. I remembered what had happened earlier but I wasn't sure if Ajax would believe me so I brushed it off.

" What shall we pack?" Ajax asked before turning to me.

"What seems like a necessity?" I simply asked in response.

After a while we decided to take the vines we weaved, more like twisted, into rope. We also took water holders we crafted from palm leaves.

Setting off I took a last look at the camp before screaming my goodbyes and following Ajax into the brush.

"You are aware that we're coming back right?" Ajax said with a chuckle.

"If I learned anything from the past few weeks it's that nothing goes as expected, especially in this world." I said with a grim tone, one of which I didn't realise I had.

Away we went, leaving behind the safety of what we had known into the dangers of that which we do not. May the moon be our guard and may its rays be our guide.

__________________________________

This is kind of a filler chapter, whilst also being a taste of the true mystery of it all. I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. If anyone has any suggestions or predictions as to where the story may lead, please feel free to comment them and to leave a vote. Thank you so much for reading.