Chapter-9

Y/n pov

I was standing in front of a road. There was no one here and it looked like something has happened here. There was blood everywhere on the road but no bodies could be seen. I started walking forward as I saw a shop at the end of the road.

As I reached the shop, I was shocked to see the name of it. I walked a bit close to the entry door.

Jane's jewelry

"It is the same shop where mo-"

I was cut off by a gun shot. I jumped at the sound and looked down towards the shop's door to see a man holding a gun as his eyes were looking to the person he shot. As I turned to see the person he shot I was shocked as I recognised who that person is.

"Mom!!!" I screamed but looked like my mom couldn't hear me and also the man who shot her as he shot her one more time, but this time instead of hitting her stomach it hit her head as she drop down on the road.

"Mom!!!" I screamed as I sat up straight on my bed and realised that it was a all a nightmare. A nightmare that I usually have when its the day my mother died. Yes, today is her death anniversary. It's been 4 years since my mother died.

I rubbed my eyes as I remembered the day when she died. It was the worst day of my life. That day not only I lost my mom but I lost my dad also.

Flashback
*4 years ago*

I was walking down a snow covered road that leads to my house. It was around 8.20 or something now. I was just returning from a walk to relax my mind. I went inside to see my dad cooking something and my brother was watching t.v. I went towards my dad and kissed his cheeks.

"Hey, dad what are you making?" I asked as I looked towards the chicken breast and legs covered in some red paste.

"I'm trying to make some chicken tandoori. It's a indian dish which is widely popular around the world." He said as he took the chicken and put them in them bowl and covered it with a lid.
*Who else loves indian cuisine? write your fav dish in comments. Mine is matar paneer.*

"Cool, where's mom?" I asked him as I couldn't see mom anywhere here.

"She went outside for buying some secret gift or something. I think it's your late birthday present." He said smiling widely as he walked over to where luke was sitting and sat beside him on the sofa. I sat on the chair that was facing them.

"I told you guys I don't want anything. I just want to be with you two and this annoyingly crazy boy forever." I said as luke started bickering with me for calling him annoying and crazy. It was cut short when dad changed the channel and some news started playing catching all of us attention.

*Talking in the news*
"As you can see, we are outside Jane's jewelry shop. It has been reported that some criminals have been escaped from XYZ prison and they have been taking shelter in this shop. Also they have held captive the people who were inside this shop. " The news reporter said as he was cut off by gun shots.

*Bam Bam*

"Oh my god! It looks like they just shot someone. The cops here are trying their best to catch the criminals before they can hurt someone."

"D-Dad, that's w-where mom is right n-now." Luke said as started to cry. Dad and I looked towards luke as he said.

"W-What are you saying?" Dad said as tried his best not to break down.

"She said that she wanted to buy a necklace for Y/n, but it will take some time to make it. Today the necklace was done and she told me that she is going to that shop to for it. I told her to let me accompany her but she refused it and told me it is a surprise." Luke said as he couldn't stop crying and after hearing that both dad and I also broke down. We all were worried about how mom would be right now? Is she okay? She is..alive, right? No, what am I thinking?! She will be alive. Nothing is going to happen to her.

"W-We shouldn't worry. What If she exit the shop before the criminals attacked it. She would be fine. I know it. Right dad? She is fine,right?" Luke said to dad. Dad just nodded at him and he stood up and grabbed his coat before opening the door.

"I will also come with you." I said to him as he was about to close the door. He didn't said anything and just waited for me. I grabbed my coat before stepping outside. Dad told luke to stay incase mom comes home.

We both went inside his car and he started to drive.

"We both know she is in there." I said as I watched outside the window and now fresh tears started to fall from my eyes.

"She is going to be fine. We have to keep faith in God." He said as held rubbed my hand. I just prayy to god that he protects my mom because if he doesn't and something happens to her. I will never be able to trust him again.

As we reached, we saw the cops and some commandos standing infront of the shop with their gun and rifles pointed towards the shop. Me and dad ran towards the nearest officer who was surrounded by bunch of peoples.

"What happened here?" Dad asked as he looked towards the shop then back towards the officer.

"3 prisoners have escaped the prison and they are now hiding in this shop. They have also held 10 people captive in there. We are trying our best to catch those criminals and help people escape from there."

"Why aren't any of you going in there?" One of the people asked.

"We can't because the criminals have rifles and bomb with them. They will kill all people including themselves If we tried to go in there." The officer replied.

We waited for many time for some miracle to happen. After some time of the man came just a little outside the shop with a person with him as he pointed his gun at that person. I couldn't clearly see who the person was because of the people infront of me. I went further into get a clear view and as I saw the person I was shocked. My eyes went wide and my knees went weak as if I had lost all my strength to stand properly. It was my mom.

When I looked towards my side I saw that my Dad was crying and he was also shocked just like me. When I looked forward again I saw my mom. She was crying. Her eyes were red. Her clothes had blood on it. Her body was trembling from fear.

"Officers, If you don't want to see this woman dead. Then let us go. If not then I will shot this woman right here and blast this whole damn place!" The man shouted as he aimed his gun at my mom.

"Crystal!" Dad shouted as he came back to his senses. I watched as my mom saw us and she started crying more. The man saw us and smirk at us. How badly I wanted to rip his smirk off from his face.

When no officers lower their weapons down. The man groaned and pushed my mom on the road before he aimed his gun at her and shot her in the leg. I heard mom screamed in pain and just as I heard her scream. I ran towards that man but guess luck was not on my side as he saw me and shot me in the stomach. I fell on the floor as blood gushed out of my wound. My mom screamed my name as she saw me fall down. I tried to crawl towards her and she did the same. We weren't that far from each other.

She reached me and hold my hand before she kissed it.

"Never change yourself, y/n. Always be who you are. And remember that I am always with you. I love you." She said as she smiled at me. Tears coming down from my face.

"I love yo-"
*Bam*

I was not able to complete my sentence when that man shot my mom in the head. Her blood spatter on my face as I watch her head drop down on the floor. Her eyes wide and staring right into mine. Her mouth parted. Blood was now everywhere near us as I started crying. I held her hand and kissed it.

"I love you, mom."