Chapter-24

Y/n pov
The basketball championship was going to start and we were currently warming up for some time before it starts. I looked towards the audience to see Jenny with eve beside her as well as my friends, Jenny had a cardboard in her hand with our team name written on it 'Falcons'. I was a bit upset because kira hasn't arrived yet but I hope she arrives before the game begins. We heard a whistle sound it means the game is going to start now so we assembled in a line and took our place on the field after we had a talk with our coach. I looked one last time towards the audience and I sighed as she wasn't there.

The score was 23:34 now. Our team was not doing good this time including myself. It was a half time now and kira didn't arrived till now. I don't think she is going to come even though I said it will mean so much for me if she comes for the match and I wanted her to come. Coach was getting angry at us as we were not giving our best. After giving us a lecture coach asked me to sit beside him.

"What's bothering you? You and I we both know this is not you. Today everyone could see that your mind is not here. YOU! are not here." He said as he emphasized at the word 'you' more.

"Sorry, coach. I know I'm giving my best right now but I promise that as soon as the half time finishes you will the y/n you want to see."

My friends came to after coach went away Julia took one towel and wipe the sweat off my face even though I told her I can do it on my own.

"You can do it, y/n. Go out there and kick their ass."leo said.

"Hell yeah, you are our champ man. You don't have to stress yourself out just do what you always do." Rey said as he pat my back.

"Go out there and show them who the real y/n is!" Mia said and Chris just nod at her. I thanked them all for their pep talk. I saw Jenny and eve giving me a thumbs up as Jenny held the board up which had my name on it 'Our knight in armour y/n' I laughed at it before my eyes went towards the seat beside jenny. She is not going to come but I'm not going sulk around and let my fellow mates hard work go in waste.

As the whistle sound was heard my friends said goodbye before going to their seat except Jules. She looked at me and removed her locket that she used to always wear as she believed it to be her lucky charm. She removed it and made me wear it and I could only look at her with my mouth wide open.

"Don't say anything and just go. I want you to give your best. Go now it's going to start." I just nod at her and run back to the field as I touched the lucky charm. I looked at her one last time and found her looking at me she smiled and nod at me and I also did the same. I am going to win this game no matter what.

Our team was taking the lead and there was only 4 minutes left for the game to end. The score was 40:36. I was on my position waiting for Erin to pass the ball. As he did I started to dribble the ball and sprint towards the basket as I was about to goal one the opponent came infront of me trying to snatch the ball but I pretend to throw it to someone but just pass it to my other hand and threw it in the basket. We scored another point but now we had only 2 minutes left so we decided to just defend instead of scoring.

When the game started again we all started to try to snatch the ball or just stop them to go near the basket. One of the opponent passed the ball to his teammate who was just near me so I went towards him and tried to snatch the ball but while doing so he accidentally put his leg infront of mine and on my instinct I put my right arm to support myself but it slipped and now I think I broke my arm because it hurts like hell. I heard the last whistle which means we won. WE WON!!! I tried to find my friends and as I found them I lift my left hand making a fist in my hand saying 'i did it'. But they all were having this worried look on their face. I felt someone lifting me up and I look towards the side to see the paramedics taking me. That's when I started to feel excruciating pain on my right arm and I screamed loudly before I felt a pinch on my other arm and I started to feel sleepy before everything went black.

A/n
Hey guys
2 weeks from now I'm going to publish a new book.
It will be of course be a gxg book but it's mostly based on the struggles of being a member of lgbt+ in india.
So make sure to read the book. And don't forget to like this chapter and also comment down your views so I can improve myself. Love you all❤️