Chapter-29

Y/n
I was now currently playing with Lilly. She has gotten so bigger like it has not even been 2 month or so and look at her. I was rubbing her belly making her wag her tail happily. I heard the bedroom door being opened and Jules entered with a bowl in her hand which seems to be for lilly.

"Lilly, look. Mommy brought food for you." Jules said cheerfully as lilly ran towards her before reaching her paws up trying to get the bowl. Lilly barked at Jules as she wasn't giving her the bowl of food and just chuckling at her antics.

"I'll give you food if you obey me. Sit." Jules said and lilly immediately sat down with her tail wagging in a fast manner.

"Good girl. Now, stay and eat when I say so. Okay?" Jules said and put the bowl infront of lilly. I saw lilly staring so hard at the bowl then looked at Jules with her puppy eyes and I think my heart just melted at it.

"Okay, you can eat." And with that lilly started to eat hungrily as Jules came towards me before sitting down beside me.

"You know I could always just sleep downstairs on the couch. I just don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." Jules said and I saw how she didn't wanted to make me uncomfortable or anything by sleeping next to me.

"How many times do I have to say that it won't bother me to sleep next to you. Plus, we have done sleepovers so many times even before when we were in a relationship and also it's your room. So, we both are sleeping here. No if and buts." I said and she just smiled at me before nodding her head at me. I smiled and before any of us could say anything we felt someone jumping on the bed.

"Lilly! Come here or else I'll make you sleep with cockroaches outside." Jules said to her annoyingly but lilly didn't understand anything and she just happily jumped on the bed and before Jules could grabbed her she ran towards me and hide on my lap making me aww at her.

"Ohhh, so now you think that y/n is going to save you. Come here or else I'm going to make you be on diet from tomorrow." The last sentence made lilly start barking at Jules. Did she understood what just Jules said? That's cool.

"Lilly *bark* stop barking *bark* mom will get disturbed *bark* and she'll kill me *bark* for disturbing her sleep. * Bark*" lilly was continuously barking at Jules and I can see her getting annoyed at it. So, I tried to made lilly calm down.

"Lilly, if you stop barking and be a good girl then I'll give you treats tomorrow." And that made lilly stop barking immediately.

"Woahh! So, now that y/n is here. You have forget your mommy. You traitor. I was trying for God knows how long to stop you but you didn't and one small sentence from y/n made you stop at once. I have been cheated by my own dog." Jules said as she try to wipe the invisible tears making me laugh at her acting. Lilly just started to lick my face making me smile and chuckle at her.

"Okay, now she needs rest. So, go in your bed and sleep lilly." Jules said to her but she cuddled more into my arms making me smile more of that's even possible. She's so cute man.

"Lilly." Jules said in a warning tone.

"It's okay, Jules. She can just sleep with us if you don't mind. It's been a long time since I have seen her so let me just sleep with her in my arms." Jules seem to hesitating at first but then she eventually nodded. I knew she was worried about me. But I'm fine now.

"Let's just sleep." Jules said and both laid down while she covered us both with a blanket and Swift off the light. I put lilly on my side while her head rest on chest as I rub her back with my left hand.

"Goodnight y/n/n." Jules said looking at both us adorably.

"Goodnight Jules." I said and closed my eyes.
___________________________________

It was in the midnight that I had woken up from my sleep, as I looked towards my right to see Jules sleeping figure, her back facing me and I could hear soft snores coming from her. I adjusted lilly on the bed and check that she isn't awake before I got up from the bed going towards the bathroom and took my phone out before dailing the number.

After two or three rings, the person picked up the phone and I heard that slightly raspy voice with a surprised tone in it.

"Hello?" I heard.

"Hope I didn't disturbed your sleep." I said as I heard a light chuckle before there was shuffling that could be heard.

"No, I was just reading a book. What about you? Couldn't sleep?" I smiled before answering.

"Just thinking about you. It's been a while since I have met you, kira. Can I see you tomorrow?" I asked her and I could hear chuckled at my sentence.

"Me too. I wanna see you too. You can come home tomorrow at noon. There would be no one as Jenny would be at school and he is not here so. But don't you need to rest as you have just discharged from the hospital yesterday?" I heard her ask.

"I can rest after meeting you. I'm being restless here. You didn't even came to meet me when I was being discharged. Everyone was here. I expected you." I said with some sadness in my tone.

"I wanted to be there but I just had some errands to do. He was leaving for some another business tour so I couldn't come. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. I promise." She said her last sentence seductively and I could feel goosebumps on my whole body. Just remembering the night of my birthday makes my whole body tingle.

But before I could say anything I heard a branch crack outside the window of the bedroom making me go outside of the bathroom and go towards the window as I slide the curtains a little to glance outside. I heard kira calling me on the phone.

"Hello? Y/n? You there?" I heard her voice through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm here. I just I have to go. See you tomorrow. I love you, kira." I said and I heard her sigh.

"Love you too. Bye" and after that I hung up before I looked towards the window again but there was no one outside. I was going back to the bed but something caught my eye. I went outside the bedroom closing it slowly. I made my way stealthily towards the main door before opening it and going outside towards the tree and bent down picking up the piece of cloth that was stuck up to a broken branch that had fallen down. Someone was here.

I inspected the Black piece of cloth. It was some sort of mask I think. I looked at it closely before it clicked me. The same mask I had seen yesterday when we were outside Jules house. Something is not right, I have to find out and there's only one person who can help me.