Chapter 1 - What I Realized

Looking up at the sky as the sun finally sets, I breathe in the fresh night air. I am now more than sure that my future ahead of me is brighter than galactic stars. I tugged a part of my hair behind my ear and smiled to myself.

“Let’s go!” I said as I backed away from the window.

“Uh, where?” Lea asked me as she carefully draw her ridiculously thick and uneven brows.

“To the mall?” not sure if I am asking.

“Uhm, sorry can’t go. I have to go home. I’m tired.” Sam tucks in her dress.

“But you guys promised that after I go with you at the coffee shop you’ll go with me. I have to go to the mall right now.” They are going to break their promises, again. I am starting to re-evaluate my friends.

“Sorry Alice, I’m just too lazy right now.” Walking as her curly hair bounces off.

“But guys you promised.” I am desperate now.

“Sorry got a date.” Lea began to fix her purse. She is sure to ditch me.

                Now I am alone in the classroom. My friends (friends, really?) and I used to hang out in an extra classroom after graduation practice.

                I pushed aside all the negative emotions I just had and looked forward to the fact that I am graduating college. Awesome is an understatement of what I actually feel right now. I am both nervous and excited and giddy to whatever my future holds for me. It’s like my eyes are slowly unfolding. I grabbed my backpack as I head out the classroom. But before I knew it, I bumped into someone.

“Oh my god I am so sorry Dave!” I looked up seeing his surprised face. Dave and I have been close since Freshman College and I admit I have a little crush on him since then but he was in a long term relationship with Jane. Besides, Jane’s become one of my friends so I respected them. But Dave has been ridiculously close to almost half of the female population and I am frankly surprised that Jane don’t say anything about it.

“Didn’t saw you there.” Dave retorted.

“Seriously? I’m as big as the wall of China. Why would you not see me?” I chuckled.

“C’mon. You’re not like that.” And he hugged me. I knew I blushed a little so I looked away.

“See you around. Bye Dave!” And I hopped downstairs.

                As I exit the university gates, I was in deep thought. My life is really boring, eh? No boyfriend since highschool, no social life, never had been to any clubs or drinking party or any of that sort. What am I doing with my life? I am like a hermit. All I do is study or read books and novels during my spare time while others are having the time of their lives. And here I am, graduating next week.

                I suddenly felt a pang of sadness. I am alone, am I? The people I call friends don’t really treat me like one. I would do anything for them; I’d sacrifice my study time just to help Sam pick out a dress that fits her, I’d sacrifice my sleep just so I can listen to the ‘date details’ Lea wanted to share. I’ve never been selfish to my friends, I even share my food. It’s not that I expect them to reciprocate, but I never felt like I belong into this ‘friendship’. It feels like this relationship is only for Lea and Sam, no Alice. My thoughts were cut off as I saw the bus pull into a stop.

Please vote/comment on this chapter. Say anything, suggestion or comments or any ideas upto how the story can flow. Thank you guys! And also please read my other book titled ANOTHER SUNSET. I wrote that six years ago. Thank you <3