Chapter 9 - Taking it slow

Hey guys! So i'll be out of town for a more or less a week so no updates from there because I won't bring my laptop. But, I'll be updating to, i guess, three chapters max! 

Share this story to anyone <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------****

Logan’s break was now over so he’s back to work. Photoshoots. Taping. Interviews.

One particular interview is about the picture Logan uploaded to twitter.

*picture at side*

It was a picture of Logan and I playing Tekken days ago. But our faces are not really seen so in first look you can never tell who the couple is.

I turned the TV on knowing that it’s his interview on Ellen. The show started already so I don’t if it’s going to end or not.

“… and there’s the picture you uploaded on twitter..” the pictured appeared on screen. “four days ago with the caption, Taking it slow. What’s this caption mean Logan?” Ellen smiled at him.

“It’s something that this special person and I are having. We don’t want to rush into anything because we want to build stronger foundation into what we are about to enter. It may be a relationship, I don’t know. But we are taking it slow.” He looked at the camera. It feels like he knows I am looking at him and he is assuring me.

“Can you say who’s the mystery girl? I mean come on! The ladies are eager here Logan. And they may start a riot!” She joked and Logan laughed. But not the same laugh when he is around me. It’s that special laugh that I can only hear. My heart flutters.

“Her name is Alice but I won’t give out any last names. She might be chased by another suitor before I could kiss her.” The audience laughed.

“Wait what? You haven’t kissed her yet?” ellen was a bit surprised.

“I told you we’re taking things slowly.”

I turned off the TV. I can’t take it anymore. The butterflies in my stomach. But butterflies would be an understatement. I have the whole zoo inside! I can’t help but smile ear to ear. We may not have any label yet but it feels so good when he acts so protective of me. I’m happy he can’t see me blushing redder than tomato.

My phone lighted up to show a mention from twitter.

Logan Lerman: @LostAliceGrent Change your name, dear. You’re not lost anymore. I came here to find you. Xxx

I quickly changed my name and replied.

FoundAliceGrent: @LoganLerman Done! Xxx

He must be online because he replied quickly.

Logan Lerman: @FoundAliceGrent Haha funny babe xxx

I blushed. Babe? He called me babe. And now I am in hysterics. I bit my pillow and shouted like hell got loose.

My phone buzzed to show a message from Logan.

Are you home? Coming over.

I replied with a short Yes.

***

I heard a knock on the door and I smiled at myself as I knew who was behind. I opened it and saw him standing, his hair unkept but looked hot, his t-shirt crumpled and his eyes tired.

He looked up and a smile lit up his whole face. He hugged me and hugged me tight.

“Can’t breathe!” and he let go of me. He came in as I closed the door behind Logan.

He grabbed my hand and pushed me against the door. He raised his hands above my shoulders and rested them on the door. I could feel the warm air from his mouth and the passion in his eyes. He looked at me with fear but hope which got me puzzled.

“Logan, are you alright?” I whispered. I am not sure why I am whispering but my brain thinks it’s best.

“Alice… Alice. J-just before the interview at E-ellen.” My heart is rising up to my throat. I don’t know what’s running inside his mind. Fear struck me when I remember how far our social status is. He’s an A-list celebrity while I’m just a regular person. Is he leaving me? Is he scared to break the news to me that he found another girl, a way much better girl?

“Alice. Someone asked me if what’s the one thing I think I can’t live without after having it.” Thank god he didn’t say he hate me and my poor guts.

His breathing became heavier and his gaze is more of nervous than fear now.

“And as he asked me. I-I thought o-of you-u.” he moved his hands on mine and held them tightly and gently.

My mouth can’t form the words and my head can’t even figure out what words to say. I am dumbfounded. No I am electrified with relief and shock as Logan, here in front of me, sort of confessing.

“What are you trying to say Logan?” I asked nervously finally letting out a question.

“I think, Alice. I think I am already incapable of living life without you beside me.” He let out a sigh.

“I know we’ve known each other for barely a month or even less than that. But I can’t explain this feeling. It’s like I am a man from his past life and I should find you. Now that I found you, I can’t stop thinking about you. I try my best to concentrate during filming.

And every time I smile for photoshoots, I imagine you there taking pictures of me. It sounds corny and creepy but Alice, it’s like you’re the oxygen I have to breathe to stay alive. It’s like you’re my medicine to keep me sane. Alice. You’re the one.”

It’s too good to be true. This is too good to be true. I, Alice Grent, is Logan Lerman’s life line.