Chapter 19 - Restart

SHOUTOUT to @plainandbeautiful for always voting and commenting to the story! Thank you :)

****

The internet went haywire when Logan posted the picture.

He didn’t ask me if he can post it but he posted it anyway. Not that I don’t mind. I smiled.

It’s the first PDA picture publicly and the retweets and positive support makes my heart flutter more than it should be.

“Baby, how’s the photoshoot?” I looked to him as he entered the door.

“Well, it was nice. The people are nice and place is nice. But I have here, in my arms…” he walked to me and hugged me from behind. “This is priceless.” He kissed my neck that sent shivers through my spine.

“That stunt you pulled on twitter got my mentions flooded.” I faced him and planted a kiss on his nose.

“Well, it’s time people got to see some show. And I like to flaunt the most beautiful girl ever.” He smiled with crinkling eyes.

I messed his hair but he didn’t seem to mind. Right now, I am in love with Logan more than I was before. I’m in love with ‘us’ being stronger and more mature. I love the idea of us being together. I just love the place where I am now. And I won’t change it for the world.

“So any plans today?” I led him to the couch.

He sat down and dragged me on his lap making me sit there and face him. He rubbed my back gently and played with my hair.

“Oscars will be soon and I have to attend because the movie, you know, got nominated. So I was thinking maybe…” he paused and looked at me. He trailed off my spine with his fingers and opened his mouth to speak. “Will you b-be my d-date? To Oscar’s?” his eyes were hopeful and he got that little cute one-sided smile. I am totally melting.

But my mind has to refocus.

“Oscars, huh?” I asked him making it sound like I’m not interested.

“Well, if you help me find a dress then maybe I will reconsider.” I laughed and he joined me. Of course he knows it’s a yes before he even asked. He’s just on for formality.

“You don’t have to worry baby. I got it.” he removed the distance between us and his lips crashed mine.

**

I woke up with the smell of food cooking.

“Someone’s cooking.” I leaned on the door frame of my… our bedroom.

“Well, I have to keep my girlfriend happy.” He looked at me and smiled. It’s been almost two years and a half yet every time he calls me girlfriend, my heart flutters and my stomach feels like it’s about to rip itself open.

I walked to him and hugged his back. “Uhmm, boyfriend’s getting buff. My love handles are getting ashamed of themselves.” He managed a chuckle.

“Naah, I like them just the way they are.” He turned around and kissed my lips. I am totally awake now. I mentally laughed.

“Your dress is at the drawer already.” He mumbled.

“So you got me one already? I thought we’ll buy it together.”

“I don’t want you to stress about it. And I memorize all the measurements anyway.” He looked at me again and gave me a naughty wink.

He set the table for us and we started dinner.

It feels like home, being with Logan in this moment. I feel so normal, like I don’t have to be the perfect girlfriend for him that I don’t have to mind anything about his work. This feels right, being with him in our simple dinner talking about anything, locking our eyes to each other like it’s a staring contest.

I sat at the couch as Logan joined me after he washed the dishes. All of a sudden, I felt really clingy and romantic towards him. I can’t explain but I went with it anyway.

I pulled him close making our clothes the only thing in between. I can hear his heart beat faster and my mind is intoxicated by his body spray which makes me mentally drool.

I flung my hands around his neck and stared at him while I caught him staring at me lips. “It’s yours baby. You can kiss it anytime.” I smiled at him and without second thought he crashed his lips to mind. It’s seems like we’re moving like magnets. He bit my lip and I opened it more to let him in and I swear my body shivered by his dominance.