Chapter 3 - Oblivious

[Dave's picture]

I went home straight since Professor Hampton was nowhere. I can’t have my phone back, great! What a great thing.

I opened my laptop and opened my facebook hoping for better things in life. As I scrolled down, I saw a picture of Lea posted the day before yesterday with Sam in a club and from the looks of it, they were having the time of their lives. And a sudden pain in my chest radiated as I realized that that was the day when they promised to go with me at the mall but they made excuses.

I don’t know why they would do these things behind my back but I rather be slapped by the truth than to be comforted by a lie. They could have told me from the first day of our ‘friendship’ that they never liked me. They could have saved me from all these pain right now.

As I stared at the picture, I asked myself. What kind of a person am I? Am I that horrible that these two people I call friends would hurt me this much? This was not only a one-time thing. They’ve planned outings in the past in my face but never invited me. I shrugged it all off because I loved them. But right now is the time to wake up. This world is not as good as fairytale, this is the real world and I have to face it.

I went to the bathroom to take a hot shower. Today is a really stressful day. Aside from being betrayed by my only friends, I got my phone confiscated.

I dried myself and changed into an oversized shirt and boxers.

I approached my laptop and saw a message from Dave.

*Hey Alice!

I scrambled for the keyboard and typed.

Hi Dave, sup?

*Hope you’re good. Prof Hamp really did nail you this time. HAHA

IKR? I thought I was about to die LOL

*Sorry for your phone. Tho I think you can have it back tomz.

Really? Yeyy me! Missed my phone huhu L

*Naah, you should miss me. ;)

I re-read the last message from Dave. Is he flirting with me? What about Jane?

LOL WHAT? Never over my dead body.

*You mean sexy body?

I raised my brow. WHAT SEXY BODY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? Haha are you sure you are talking to Alice Grent?

*LOL of course. I always admired you Alice. Since first year.

NO WAY haha you’re drunk Dave! Go to sleep.

*It’s true! HAHAHA

What about Jane huh?

*We broke up already. Six months ago, never noticed? We were the talk of the UNI. You are so oblivious to gossips you know. Haha

WHAT!?

That’s the only reply I managed to type. They broke up without me knowing? I am really oblivious to gossips.

*Yep! :*

What’s with the kiss emoticon? Dave is seriously drunk.

Haha I know you’re drunk Dave. Go to sleep. Night!

*I always imagine you Alice. Always.

*Night pretty

Dave went offline.

I stared on the mirror and felt a smile crept up my face. What is wrong with me? Why am I smiling?

For the first time. I felt wanted.