Chapter 17 - Green-eyed soul

“How could you fucking do this? I trusted you!” my eyes are blurry from crying but I can still see clearly.

All I feel now is slow death. I don’t have any major injuries as of now but the emotional pain I am feeling is enough for me to feel the pain physically.

“Surprised bitch?” Lea raised her brow up and smirked at me.

I kept silent letting every happening sink into my mind.

“You sure are not that smart Alice.” She laughed walking towards me.

“What do you want Lea?” there’s coldness in my voice. It hurts me to know that Lea was here and she’s one with them. It pains me to know that she betrayed me, again.

“Hmmm… You see Alice, your boyfriend is worth a million bucks and we just wanted to share.” Her heels clanking as she took little steps.

I saw Dave sat down on the chair near the window, lighting up a cig and not caring to our conversation.

“Your heart is just so…” She waved her hand in air as she looked for a word.

“Anyway, if you wanted to know what happened after college, let me tell you this.” she slumped herself on the space next to me.

“The company I wanted to apply in came to the university to look for prospect employees. All my life I wanted to be in that company. I was there when they were picking the new employee and you were out there, giving a fuck to that person right there.” She pointed Dave and chuckled.

“To cut the drama short. You’re name keeps on popping while my credentials where left behind yours. They liked you so much but I guess you never took it. So I was hoping they’ll take me. But I was rejected. They say I can never be good as you.” Sudden hint of pain crossed her face.

“Is that why you wanted to abduct me huh?” I tried to sound angry but all I can feel is fear of what they will do to me.

“Oh no my friend! That’s just a part. You see, when the guys I like knew that I know you, they’d ditch me up and ask for your number and all that shit.” She too lit a cig and puffed the smoke to my face.

But I never knew this before. I know she ‘shared’ some things at me back in Marine Park and I am not sure where is the truth in those is.

All my life, I never really had anyone like me as much as Lea is describing. I know some people notice me but not to the extent of choosing me over Lea. She’s tall and lean and beautiful and I can’t imagine anyone turning her down with that body of hers. She looks like a Victoria Secret angel and it confuses me that the guys she like would turn her down.

I was her opposite. I’m a little shorter, paler and my baby fats must have matured since they haven’t left my body. When I smile, my cheeks look like moon and my hair is messy always. Why would they choose me over her? I am not that smart, just average, same with Lea. But why am I chosen over her?

“The triplets? Are they lies too?”

“Nope! Their father ditched me because he wanted to pursue you. But I guess he never did. That fucking bastard. Such a coward.” She huffed more.

“Everything in my life seems to be yanked off my hand because of you Alice. What did they saw in you?” she stood up looking at me meticulously like looking for a flaw in an item.

I stayed silent waiting for her to speak. I don't know too..

“Dave here almost fell for you.”she laughed and Dave looked up hearing his name.

“But I have to remind him that he just had to fuck you so I can leave you broken, just as you did to me.” Lea smiled.

“I never intended to hurt you. I didn’t know.”

“It’s because you are oblivious to everything! You are so innocent that even half of the guys in our class flirt with you, you take it as kindness and whatever shit your mind thinks off.” She looked tired and irritated.

“Anyway, I have to call out to your boyfriend so I can ask to share his money. Dave, take care of her.” She winked at him and chuckled as she exited the room. I looked at Dave hoping for… a talk?

He stared at me and all of a sudden all I can see is guilt.

“Why did you do this?” I asked him, letting another tear escape me.

“I just have to see you.” He looked down at his hands. “After what she made me do in college, I know there’s no way you wanted to see me. When I saw you at the coffee shop when Alice asked me to come, all I wanted was to talk to you. But she warned me not to. She planned these all along but we never expected you to be with Logan and that drove Lea’s plan stronger.”

He kneeled in front of me. “I know this sounds crazy and late. But Alice. Sorry for being a jerk. I hate it when I always come out as a creep to you but half of it was Lea’s plan. She thought you still have feelings for me.” He cupped my knees but his eyes are down.

I remained silent. I don’t know what to say. It’s a little bit weird if I forgive him right now knowing that he’s one of them. He stood up and looked at me. He was about to say something when a familiar voice came into the room. I heard that voice before. It’s the guy who chased me.

“Dude. Lea called the boyfriend and willing to give half of his assets. And guess how much?” he smiled at him but Dave didn’t show any expression.

Not waiting for Dave’s answer, the man spoke with a huge grin. “Fifty fucking million dollars.” The man’s eyes lit up and his face gave this funny expression which I could’ve laughed but not in this situation.

Logan. Oh god Logan is willing to give this big amount of money for me. And you still doubt him Alice? But he can’t do that. The money is hard-earned and he couldn’t give it all up in just a snap.

I heard the door opened. Lea and the man talked quietly but I manage to catch a few words.

Tonight we go

He’s alone

Cops

Cash

Get her ready

So they’re planning it tonight huh? And Logan’s going alone? My Logan’s going to be harmed. I silently pray for a miracle.

All my life, all I wanted was to be happy. Who doesn’t want to be happy? I just want to live not caring what people say. I just want to live satisfying myself not others. I wanted to really live life and not just barely breathing. I wanted to explore and be myself and have true friends who will not mock me or leave me hanging.

Despite the things in the past, the best thing that has ever happened to me is Logan.

I loved him more than I should. He makes the dead soul in me alive and sing of love. He’s the best friend I never had, and the lover that I always wanted. But because of me, everything might change for him.

He might lose his job, the media will go crazy about this news, he will lose his lifelong savings and the possibility of him coming here alone and coming out alive is slimmer that the slimmest finger I have. But still, I hope Logan’s alright right now. I miss him more than anything. I love you Logan.

I must have fallen asleep.