Chapter 21 - Delight

Logan planned this get together for us and his close friends near a lake just outside the city. He thinks it’s time for us to bond with his friends and at the same time enjoy each other’s company.

Logan was busy with the barbeques while Tom keeps me busy. I glanced at Logan and he smiled back reassuringly.

“I can sense something.” Tom broke my thoughts.

“What is it?”

“You had sex.” It was obviously not a question but I answered anyway.

“Yes?” I chuckled.

“Figures.” He laughed out loud. I blushed at this and he continued. “Was he good? It figures why you too glow like sunbeams with glitters and all that gat stuff.”

I blushed even more. I tried to hide my face as I felt someone hugged me from behind. I can hear Tom laughing.

“Tommy, what are you doing with my girlfriend?” he pouted. I swear I could kiss those lips of him. Maybe later? I mentally high-fived myself.

“Just asking.” He said innocently and walked away.

People began eating the barbecues and started to gather and sit at the mats we prepared. Logan’s manager, Tom is talking with Logan’s stylist and friend while I was left sitting there alone in my mat munching the pork barbeque on my hand.

Where the fuck did Logan go? He was here earlier and now he’s gone.

I stood up setting the barbeque aside and fixing my dress. As if on cue, someone grabbed my hand and it was Logan’s friend, Jackie.

“Hey Alice, mind if you come with me over there?” she pointed at the huge tree just meters away from where we are. “I just need a few photos for my project.” She smiled at me waving the camera on her hand.

I nod and let her guide lead the way.

I was standing under thus huge tree. I close my eyes and feel the breeze entangle my hair. This is so perfect. The beam of the sun plays with the leaves of the tree making it glow, just like what Tom said that Logan and I glow.

I slumped my back on the bark of the tree not minding where Jackie went. I was savoring this moment. I inhale deeply and smelled Logan’s perfume.

I fluttered my eyes open and saw him staring at me.

“Hey.” He didn’t answer. I had a mini-heart attack thinking maybe this is all just a dream. I tried to look at him back but he kept on smiling. I smiled too seeing his handsome face.

Out of the blue, he kneeled down and took off a small black box and presented it in front of me.

“You’re a ray of sunshine in my dark days and I swear to keep you with me forever. Alice, I always loved you, and I love you now and I will still love you every day for the rest of our lives. Alice Grent, I would be delighted to be your only man and be the father of our future family. Will you be my Mrs. Lerman?” he opened the box displaying a white-gold ring with a blue diamond as blue as his eyes and surrounded by little white diamonds.

My heart was caught in my throat and I am swelling with happiness right now. Tears started to flood my eyes and I took the ring. “Yes Logan. I would be delighted to be marry you!” he stood up and hugged me. It was a warm hug and I feel cozy in it. Logan looked at me and held my left hand, slipping on the ring on my ring finger. He crashed my lips and I moved in sync with him.

Then, applause flooded my ears and I looked away, seeing all his friends clapping to us cheering like their life depends on it. Jackie was snapping pictures and mouthed her congratulations.

The afternoon was spent hugging and wishing us the best.

“Was my acting good? I should replace Logan!” Tom roared as he reached us.

“So that was your acting Tom? Asking if Logan was good in bed?” I smirked and Logan burst into laughter as well as some people who heard me.

“Well am I good in bed?” he whispered to enough for us to hear.

“Hmmm, if you fix all this mess I can reconsider.” And everyone joined in our laughter.

 ***

Don't forget to vote/comment!