nine

warning: substance abuse

CLYDE

_**_

The bell rings and I'm finally able to leave the dreadful English class. Which I have to be in with juniors and seniors since it's a mixture. I feel a hand catch mine as I walk to my mothers office because she's extra and called me through the loud speaker. Just to embarrass me. I turn around and see Isaac. One of Clyde's friend. But truthfully he seems a little off. I don't get nice vibes from him.

"Have you spoke to Clyde?" He asks.

Honestly.

No.

He's been distant I don't know why. He didn't even play in this the last soccer game. I've been worried. He texts me dry messages. And it's been four days.

I just shake my head no.

"Because he told me to pay him but he doesn't answer any of his messages or get out his dorm."

"Why would you need to pay him?" I ask being nosy.

He stares at me.

"For the drugs?" He smiles. As if I know.

"Drugs?" I slightly giggle but he's being serious.

"Clyde. Wouldn't have drugs on campus. It's not possible." I say quietly as people pass. The blue eyed boy staring deadly at me.

"He hasn't told you anything has he? Your truly are a fling."

Fling.

"I have to go."

"Yeah sorry...don't want to upset the head master." He grins before walking away. I stand there for a couple seconds before turning around and walking to the main office. I walk through the dark wooden halls before knocking and entering the office. She sits there and her clean outfit as I sit across her.

"Am I in trouble?"

"No but your boyfriend is." She states.

"I don't have a—"

"Do any where in the rules does it say walk around campus with a random boy past curfew? Doing god knows what? Knowing he's already a delinquent—"

"Mom—"

"You know better. And you may not hear it but people talk. I'm your mom but I'm also your principal. This is an academy and you know the rules are strict. Your lucky his aunt is on the board. But you've broken rules."

"As if other girls don't do the same."

"You aren't other girls Mariana." Her eyes blaring into my soul.

"Your fifteen." She reminds me.

"He turns eighteen in less then a month."

"So what?"

"So your off the commitee and can't go to the formal."

"What."

"Don't what. You're the reason he is tardy to classes. You guys seem to be so close so I'm sure he's already told you about he horrible history."

It seems like I barely know him.

"I thought it's just suspension. I have to go to formal."

I don't have to but my dress is too pretty to sit in the closet.

"You can go. I'll talk to you when I'm not running the school. Or actually you can get on the phone with your dad."

I bite my tongue from saying something. So I just stand up and walk to the door. What other club am I suppose to do now?