fourteen

MARIANNA

* *

January.

Back from break and the first day of school.

Daliyah has gotten her flight completely delayed by about a week which sucks. But she's been off. I haven't spoken to her since formal. The next day her flight was early so I didn't really speak to her. Clyde stayed with me for the rest of the time. We talked a lot during the break. But of course he went back to ghosting the last days in.

It'll probably be weird. I don't know where we are at this point in time.

"Alexandria. Your winter break? How was it?" My English teacher snaps me out of me thoughts. I look up. As soon as I do clyde enters the large room. Of course everyone turns their heads as he talks to the teacher. Who has grown not to like him after the incident in her room.

I shift slightly as he takes the seat next to me. I ignore the looks at me.

My eyes meet the teachers again as she waits for my answer. But I'm too busy taking in his strong scent. He looks a little too different from last time. And I missed him more then anything.

"Uhm....my summer was nice."

I hear laughs.

"Summer?" She asks.

"Winter. My winter break was nice." I correct wishing to dig myself into a hole.

"Okay...Frances. Please tell us about your break. Then we will start this movie since it's the first day back."

I can feel his eyes on me but I refuse to look over at him. "My break was tasteful." The way he says it hints at something else. When I look over at him he has on a disgusting grin. I want to sink into my chair. The teacher doesn't even try. She just starts the film.

MARIANNA

* *

As the film is starting to close off I feel a large hand place on my thigh. A shiver runs down my body from how cold his rings are. He purposely pushes his hand more up making me weaker.

"I missed you." He forces my chair to move closer to him. I ignore him as he makes circles with his thumb on my skin.

I faint small moan leaves my lips as he gives me a soft kiss on my neck. All my frustration dissolves.

"Do you know how beautiful you look right now." He whispers and I try hiding it. But I can't, I smile looking over at him.

I press my lips against his kissing him softly before looking back at the film. He removes his hand and takes mine. Tracing things over my palm until the film ends.

The class ends. Clyde waits for me to get organized. Even if I'm pretty sure he has soccer practice he walks me all the way to my dorm. I ignore the stares of girls walking past.

"I can't come in?" He asks.

"No. You have practice. " I remind him. He rolls his eyes before kissing me. A long kiss and i stop him from grabbing my ass. He tries again this time succeeding.

"Just because you're being nice doesn't mean I forgot about anything." I state.

"What did I do?" He smirks.

"You still have to tell me so much. About a lot. "

"That's the past." He groans nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Well it's still important to me. Bevause it seems like everyone knows you better then I do?"

"You're crazy to think that. You know me better then anyone. Plus I just don't think it's important to dwell on things that won't help us evolve."

"Evolve? I don't even know what we are." I point out.

"We don't need labels."

"No you guys don't want commitment."

He rolls his eyes and steps back.

"See. You're just going to get—"

"Angry. No I wasn't. But you always just assume stuff."

He's gaslighting me right now.

"I'm going into my room." I say. Not giving him enough time to speak as I step in. I close the door in his face and look around the room. Quiet and empty.

I go into my closet and get my clothes ready to shower since I think I need it.

As soon as the water hits my skin my muscles relax. But when I close my eyes I only remanence of him being in the shower with me. What is wrong with me? I cut the shower short and step out slipping into some sweats and a sweatshirt since it's still cold.

When I step out into the room again a black box catches my eye. Did I not catch it before. just sitting on my desk. I look around and nothing else has changed. I slowly start walking towards the box and seeing my name on the small card outside of it.

Happy birthday.

And merry Christmas

So fancy.

Maybe my mom? Or Daliyah. No.

Not Daliyah.

My mom.

Even if she already made sure my break was amazing. Other then telling my dad I'm seeing a boy. Which wasn't the best experience because they thought it up anytime I would breathe.

I sit on the bed and open it.

My eyes stare at the simple diamond necklace with two charms. A tiara and a C.

The C brings it all together. And the tiara is the same one on his neck. He has the same necklace. But instead with a crown of course.

My temptation to go to his room and hug him is a lot. But at the same time I feel like we need boundaries.

I argue with my heart and mind.

Last time.

I find myself always saying that.