twenty one

MARIANNA

*   *

"Why didn't you tell me?" I state wiping Daliyah's tears. I haven't seen her in a week. Things have calmed down. I haven't seen Clyde. At all. I feel this heavy guilt on my hands and I hate keeping it to myself . My mom told me not to speak to him. At all. She yelled at me for what felt like forever.

"I couldn't. What's the point. He's dead because some bitch whore wants to shoot up the school and they're not letting us go home. I'm fucking sixteen and pregnant. My parents already hate me."

She cries while ranting.

"I loved him and I couldn't tell him. I cheated on him with that stupid tatted drug addict bitch." She points at the door and I purposely ignore the last part even if it makes my heart ache even more.

MARIANNA

*   *

"He's in the lockers I think. He's been weird and off. It's our last game I think he is just nervous." He explains and I nod giving a soft smile before walking off.

Turning away from clyde's friend I walk away from the pact place. Booking bright lights and loud cheering as it's the final soccer game of the season. Determining if they go into playoffs. It's dark but not pitch black. The sun has barely just set. The cold breeze makes me cross my arms just to get some warmth. I enter the lockeroom and I immideatly see him.

I need to speak to him. His birthday was yesterday. It's Sunday. And I'm avoiding him. He's blown my phone up and knocked so many times. Yet I've been just trying to cope with everything. He's sitting on the floor with his legs slightly bent up. He looks so dozed off. His eyes look heavy.

"Clyde."

No answer. No movement.

"Clyde?" I wave my hand in front of him making him look at me confused.

"Your alive." He chukles.

I get on my knees.

This time for not the right reason.

Placing my hands on the sides of his neck tilting his head back and forth.

"Clyde are you drunk?" I whisper.

"Clyde I'm talking to you."

His eyes stare at my lips.

"I think I had too much."

"Too much what," I breathe. My heart heavy and my eyes burning.

"Let's go to the nurse." I push standing up and taking his hand but he just stares at it.

"You love me?"

"Of course I do." I don't have time to hate him right now.

"Why."

I look out the door before going back down in my positioned.

"Because you're amazing. You make my life spin but I clearly keep coming back for some good reason right?"

I place my hand on the side of his face as it's about to fall.

"Clyde what did you take?"

He can't even answer.

"Clyde please." My hands are the only weight keeping his face up.

Idiot.

Of course , only you would take drugs before a game. Clearly too much of whatever to make you pass out.