sixteen

MARIANNA

* *

Friday.

Daliyah comes back on Sunday. But I will admit it's nice having this sense of silence. It's peaceful not being kissed by her every second.

I try to stay compact as clyde drags the lofa around me. Trying to ignore his dick that looks so pretty. And his toned body. The V line prominent as he runs the lofa over my skin with his brows slightly furrowed. The tattoos running across his skin flawlessly. So...delicate. I like how he is gentle after sex. After care in away and I love it. I think he's been kinder to me. I know it sounds bad. But we haven't argued in four days? That says a lot. It just feels right with him. I just try ignoring the whispers. And everything else that's bad that comes with this large package.

Very large package.

I've only known him for less then two months. But I feel so connected to him. I can't believe he's turning eighteen soon.

He pushes me back into the water letting the soap water away from the skin.

"Have you ever been in a relationship before?" I ask turning around to face him. His water is wet. I hate how I ask random questions in the worst moments but I can't help it. He doesn't let me know anything about his past. I barely know anything about his childhood.

He just stares at me and shakes his head no.

"Not that I know of."

I roll my eyes as he places his hands on the sides of my face.

"You truly are a player."

"No, I just have good dick." He smirks before kissing me.

"You have a very large ego."

"I know princess." He smacks my ass before getting out the shower.

MARIANNA

* *

I try reaching for the book at the sixth level. I know I can get it. I truly don't want to go all the way to the front and get a stool. It's Saturday. I'm exhausted. And I want to go to my dorm to play with my cat. But I just need this romance novel.

"Marianna."

I feel a chest press against my back. And a hand on my waist making me stay still down as an arm reaches over my head easily.

That's not Clyde.

I turn around and groan hitting my head on the book shelf as I see Isaac.

"Isaac." I smile.

"Don't do that fake act." He whispers handing the book in my hand. I truthfully....forgot about him?

"How have you been."

Why is he even here. Did he get cleared? I know he has a concussion. That's for sure. But he looks brand new.

"Good."

His eyes dart down to my neck. I know he's staring at my necklace.

"I can't believe you're still with him after the bet."

I keep my eye roll to myself.

"He let me know about it." I assure confidently.

"And you're still with him?"

"He made a mistake."

"Is that what he told you?" He asks as I turn to face him. I'm quiet.

"He's manipulative you know that don't you?"

"He's good to me." I say looking back at the shelves of books.

"He bought your virginity. That's good? You were basically a prostitute."

My body freezes at his words.

"But he didn't tell you that part. Did he."

I look over at him and shake my head no.

I'm so tired.

Everything always ends up going downhill with him. So many secrets and he just lied to my face to get on my good side?

I look at the clock. My free period is going to end soon. But I know Clyde won't tell me. Probably yell at me or get angry at me.

"Can you just tell me everything?" I ask him. Feeling my eyes threaten to spill tears but I don't want to. Especially now in front of him. He was apart of it. It's all over his face. But I need answers.

MARIANNA

* *

"I tested him. And he agreed to it. We all did. If he could do it then we would lie for him. And keep his little secrets under cover. Or he would be on his third strike."

He told me it all. Leaving me confused with so many emotions. But his words were clear. Of course he would tell the truth and throw him under threat bus. Especially after what Clyde did to him. I was used for some money. At least it was a good amount. All of them are rich. And he probably put in a deposit of it to this necklace I've kept touching to keep myself sane. Trying to believe he was good. So much faith into a person who will never change.

"Third strike?"

"My dad is the soccer coach. I get access to basically everything. So when we do tests I can easily switch them. Clyde has never gotten a negative one. He's an addict. In every way possible. But he's so good at hiding it."

"I just know he had one more strike before getting worse trials with authoritatives because he's eighteen now. His brothers. He's the youngest. The oldest has life and the other one is the one making him sell."

Sell.

Well that clears up so much.

"How does his brother even get it to him though. The school is gated. Cameras. It doesn't make sense."

He shrugs.

"Clyde doesn't tell us more then we can figure out ourselves. But he's not good. Neither am I. But he has issues." He chukles a little.

"But you can't tell anyone. It would get so many in trouble. He has this tactic to throw everyone under the bus without saying a word. He's smart and has gotten away with so much. I just know....everyone he gets around ends up in hell while he gets to fake it."

My phone goes off.

'Where are you?'

I don't answer. Turning the ringer off. And going back to listening into what more Isaac has to say.

"Do you love him?" He asks.

"Even if I did. Do you think that would enough for him to change or be a little decent?"

He shakes his head no.

It's cold and quiet in the library.

"Is there anything else?"

He just stares at me.

He shakes his head no. So I nod and stand up.

"He isn't good. I hope you're not going to use some excuse to still be with him?" He says standing up with me.

"Clyde isn't sane. He does it for his pleasure. He's—"

"I don't think it makes anything better when you just label him as things because—"

"Youre still going to defend him?"

"I thought you were the smart innocent head masters daughter." He tests me. His face right in front of mine.

"And I thought you were more then a pussy bitch who can handle a few punches."

His jaw clenches.