thirteen

warning : sexual content

MARIANNA

* *

"You have to stay in this room till tomorrow." Daliyah reminds me as she straightens her hair.

"My mom is taking me to dinner with her so I'm not in this room all night. Plus she doesn't trust me enough anymore to be just sitting in the room on my own." I huff already in my dress. It's simple. It's black and silk. Goes down to my ankles but has a long slit up my thigh. My mom doesn't know I bought this dress. But it's okay because I can't even attend my own formal.

"Thanks to your boyfriend I don't have a date."

She's been so weird.

"He isn't my boyfriend. We're not even on speaking terms anymore."

She looks at me as she picks up her purse.

"You knew better. It's Clyde. He sleeps around with everyone."

I bite my lip realizing I just told him I did stuff with isaac when she's been with him. Oh my gosh.

"He wasn't worth it."

"Yes he was." I mutter under my breathe.

"You're being naive. He doesn't care about you Marianna. Look at him. Then look at yourself. You look like shit crying for hours. Get yourself together." And like that she leaves. Her tone was disgusting and I feel myself want to cry again. But I don't.

I text my mom saying I'm sick. I can't let her see me this way. I just tell her it's best she goes and chaperones the formal as well with the other staff. She calls but I don't answer.

I lay on my back on my bed. In light makeup and a dress I should be having fun in. Instead my tears slowly just fall once again. My body still slightly sore. And the thought of him never leaving my mind.

I stare at her door. It's eleven. Maybe she's asleep. She's probably got to actually go to the party. Fuck. I need to talk to her. She will
Probably slap me again.

Just take her for a walk. In the garden. Am I a whimp? I turn around and start walking away before stopping. The guys said to not be a bitch. I'm not a bitch.

But I do not go the full way for a girl? And her birthdays tomorrow. Maybe she's been texting that coward in the hospital.

Fuck.

I turn back around and let the anger get the best of me as I knock on her door harshly.

There's a too long wait. So I knock again. The door swings open and she stands there. Her shorter height and her blood shot eyes staring into mine. Fuck she looks beautiful. She looks defeated and her eyes soften even more at my frustrated sight.

My eyes take in the dress sitting on her perfect body. I don't know why she's insecure. She's flawless in every way possible and I would never make her uncomfortable in that way.

"What are you doing here." Her voice is gentle and I don't even notice how I'm just dozing off.

"To talk."

"I think we've done enough of that already." She whispers still holding onto the door handle like it's support.

"Did you actually hook up with him?" I ask her. I need to know. If she says yes then—

"No clyde."

Shit.

"And I thought you would trust me enough to know that I wouldn't do that. I was just angry and I'm sorry."