Chapter 6

a pic of ruby

Ezra:

He finally agreed to hanging out with me. Like finally! I felt ecstatic but I knew carter wasn't a big fan of being "over the top" so I had to minimize my excitement.

"Awesome!" I said and then he turned back around.

------

I brought the blonde-haired boy to my house. When we entered he gawked. I will admit my house was pretty big and pretty modern. I thought back to when I dropped him off. His house looked like a nice one, a brick 2 story one.

He looked around, still amazed at the sight.

"You live in a fucking mansion," he said almost breathless.

"Why thank you," he jumped at the hollow voice of my father.

"Are you a love interest?" That was my dad's first question.

Carter turned into a tomato, his cheeks blushing like crazy. He shook his head unable to speak.

"Well then, it's nice to meet you, I'm Darrel," my dad put an arm out and Carter shook it.

"Carter," he introduced himself.

"Well dad, we'll be out for a few hours so I'll see you soon," I said.

He saluted us on our way out. I went to the passenger door and pulled it open for Carter. He hopped in and then I went around the other side to the driver's seat. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. How I didn't realise this before shocked me. I looked at his face, he had a few cuts scattering his face. What were they from?

"What happened to your face?" I asked and then mentally cursed my self for sounding so rude.

He looked at me frazzled. He obviously didn't know how to answer, I guess I wouldn't either.

"Oh umm," he fiddled with the sleeves of his jacket whilst thinking of an answer.

"I- shit," something must have sparked his memory, he looked very concerned now.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I- nothing, nothing. I just forgot to hand in my homework," I let out a sigh of relief.

He was such a nerd, but I wanted him to be my nerd.

I began driving, I knew exactly where I was going but when I looked back to see Carter's puzzled face, I could tell he had no idea where we were. I guess I really had no idea about the boy, so why not ask?

"This is a bit embarrassing to admit, but umm I don't actually know how old you are," I said. Now I was the one blushing.

"Oh, I am 17, I'm sorta young, I turned 17 earlier in May," he answered my second question before I could even ask it.

"What about you?"

"Oh, I turned 18 about 3 weeks ago, 4th of June," I told him more specifically.

He nodded, satisfied with his answer.

After a few more questions we arrived at our destination. It was a bowling Alley.

"Where are we?" Wait what did he just ask?

"A bowling alley, have you never been here?" I asked surprised.

I used to always come here with my ex, she loved it, I'm pretty sure she still does. My ex Caroline was a sweetheart and our relationship was great but we both decided we weren't feeling the relationship and we figured it was better if we just became friends, besides she had to move to Florida for her dad's job.