Chapter 30

Ezra:

Graduating day was tomorrow. I could not believe we were here already. I would be starting college next year. Starting a new chapter of my life with Carter. It was going to be a dream come true. I would be doing business for 4 years, he was doing writing.

We had our lives for the next few years set out for us, not the details but at least a rough draft. I was so ready for college though. I found my perfect boyfriend. The one perfect person in my life. I loved him, really loved him.

I couldn't believe how quickly graduation had come around. It feels like just yesterday there was still a whole term until the end of the year, but there wasn't.

Graduation was happening tomorrow.

------------------

"We're really doing this?" Carter looked at me.

I nodded down at him as we walked into the main area of school. A whole lot of chairs were set down for all the students. Parents were allowed to come but most students didn't really want theirs' to. Why? I don't know. Mine weren't coming, neither were Carter's. We both decided we too were the students who didn't want their parents to come.

We sat down next to each other, Noah to my left, Carter to my right. My hand was resting his thigh, his hands were resting in his lap.

The who thing went by pretty quickly, Carter got the "high achiever" award. So he should have. He was so smart and amazing. I loved him.

Carter:

I was definitely not expecting the "high achiever" award but I did get it. I got the award and I couldn't be more thrilled. I was going to miss high school...

Scratch that, I was going to miss the last few months of high school. The friends, the whole process of getting my first boyfriend. I watched him from across the room as he talked with Noah. I heard a chuckle from next to me.

"Do I interest you?" I challenged.

"You are googly eyeing him," he teased.

I rolled my eyes, earning another chuckle. Dean loved making fun of me. Well now I could make fun of him since Ruby and him were together. They were the cutest thing though, a little too cute. Now I know how everyone else felt about Ezra and I. Though, I guess if it's love, it's love and no one else can come in between love.

"Shut the fuck up. What about your princess?"

His cheeks heated up instantly at the mention.

"Have you got cameras in my room Dylson?" He spat.

I mocked his laugh and shook my head.

"No, you guys are just really loud on a phone call. I could hear your weird-ass witch cackle from my room," I retorted.

We both continued talking and then eventually decided we would go home. Prom was in a couple of hours and Evelyn was very keen on helping Dean and I get ready.

Dean was wearing a navy blue suit, I was wearing a light grey suit. Mine was a little less formal than Dean's but I knew Ezra wanted to wear a fancy black tuxedo so I didn't want to outshine him or whatever.

We stood on our doorstep and Evelyn took nearly 100 photos.

"Mum, that's enough photos!" Dean groaned at his mum.

"Oh shush boy, your mother wants to treasure this moment!" She hushed him.

I laughed at Dean and just stood there smiling every few seconds at the camera.

"So this is it?" Dean asked.

I nodded and inhaled deeply.

"This is it." I confirmed.

We hopped into Dean's car and began driving to prom.

Ezra: I could have picked you up

Me: I know but Dean wanted to drive us

Ezra: He better not steal you

Me: He's straight. I think we're safe

Ezra: You never know

Me: Whatever see you in like 2 minutes

Ezra: Love you

Me: Love you too.

I got out the car and headed towards where prom was being held. It was decorated with gold and blue streamers. It looked divine! Absolutely stunning. It took my breath away, I couldn't even fathom it.

"Hey handsome," Ezra's voice chimed.

I ran into his arms like a child seeing their best friend after a while. I kissed him passionately. He kissed me back and then we both pulled apart breathless.

"I love you," I panted.

"I love you more," he whispered.

"I love you most."

"I hate to break up your little... moment but we have a dance floor to rule!"

Of course it was Ruby who interrupted the moment. Noah slapped Ezra's back and we all went running to the dance floor.

We danced our assess of until I was so tired I felt like passing out. I went to a table and sat down, I was exhausted.

"You want anything to eat?" Ezra sat down opposite me and I shook my head.

"I'm not-"

I stopped myself before I said anything else.

"I'm not going to force you, but at least have a drink. I don't want my date to prom passing out on me," he chuckled.

I laughed and nodded getting up with him to go and get a drink of water.

Ezra:

Carter looked stunning tonight. I mean he always looked breath-taking but tonight he was at a whole other level. That suit fit him perfectly but they must have had to have t adjusted to fit his slim figure. I poured a cup of punch for him and handed the red cup to him. He took it with two hands and brought it to his lips.

I wanted to kiss those lips so bad.

"So are you sure your parents are ok with you staying over?" I asked, distracting myself.

He nodded after swallowing the rest of the punch down.

It was 10:50, the time had past quite quickly. The night ends in 10 minutes.

"Why don't we hit the road?" I gestured to outside where my car was.

"Ok, first we have to say goodbye to everyone." He said.

I went over to Noah, Brodie and Ruby. We had a group hug.

"You guys better fucking come back to see us all," I demanded them.

"Shut up Ez," Ruby laughed.

She had tears in her eyes.

"I'll see you guys la'er then."

We waved goodbye and then I led Carter out to my car. This had been the greatest night ever. This year had been a massive adventure but things were finally perfect. I can't believe I am saying that things are perfect. I just can't get over it. I used to think I would always believe that nobody was perfect and we were all broken in some fucked up way, but then I found Carter. Sure he's still a little fucked up, but aren't we all? He's perfect and that's all that matters.

He is the perfect in my life. Whenever I'm with him, I will always be happy. Nothing will ever come between us.

Then a light flashed before me, oh fuck-