Chapter 7

A pic of Martin

Carter:

"Y-you told me you wouldn't do I-it again," I shivered to the boy next to me.

"I know. Carter, I am really sorry. I keep fucking up but you just..."

I looked at him. Was he trying to turn this on me? I swear to whatever God is up there!

"You just need to stop getting on my nerves!" He finally began yelling again.

"Me!? I'm getting on your nerves! Are you serious!? You just need to learn to contain your damn anger issues and not take them out on me! How about that!?"

I was mad, even I could feel the anger radiating off of me, but I could feel his more. He took a fistful of my hair and pushed me up against the wall breathing heavily and looking into my eyes. I struggled trying to move away from him, but it was to no avail.

I was angry but the fear overtook, he had already probably left millions of bruises on my back and I did not need another one on my face. But he didn't hit me. He smashed his lips on mine...and I let him. I kissed him back. Why did I always give into his touch. I needed to stop being so weak and doing this but I couldn't help it.

He kissed down my neck and sucked on a sensitive part. I sucked on my teeth to stop any noise from leaving my mouth. I was not letting him do this! I was not going to let this happen every time. I pushed him off me as he panted.

"This is not happening!" I screamed.

He slapped me instantly making my hand touch the stinging. Then he pushed me back up against the wall.

"Learn your place!" He stated and then went back to my neck.

"I-I don't want this l-let me go!" I struggled again.

He kneed me in the crotch and I let out a painful groan. He snickered at me and then released the pressure.

I woke up screaming. Jesus! I looked around to see I was in my room.

Once I fixed my breathing to a more normal rate I got up. Dad was going to kill me, I forgot to get his booze. I ran as fast as my legs would take me, which was pretty fast. I hadn't ran in a few days, not really keeping my promise to try and run everyday. I ran out the door and went to the booze shop. I had much more cash this time. I got him 5 large boxes, probably wasting most of my money but I didn't care. I was not getting a beating today.

I got home and placed the cases on the counter and then left again. I don't know where I am going but I am not staying in the house all day. I had a book in my hand because I wanted to read but I didn't wanna do it in the house. I really was a nerd.

-----------

After around an hour of walking I found myself at a park. I went to one of the benches in the sun and opened my book and began reading but of course I sunk into a puddle of my own thoughts.

I missed Martin, I know it has been around 2 years since he left but I couldn't help it. I had practically clarified myself as an introvert but Martin filled in a part of my life I could never get back. My thoughts than drifted to Ty. I didn't miss Ty. I in fact hated him. He broke me into pieces, sure I was already quite a mess but he made everything so much worse. I don't even know why I kept forgiving him. I don't know why it took me so long to realise how abusive the situation was until it went too far.

The thought of that night sent shivers all through my body. He had came home the most drunk I had ever seen him. When I offered for him to go to bed he shook his head. He wanted something else, something I wasn't willing to give him in his drunken state.