Chapter 8

A pic of Ty

Ezra:

I got Ezra to eat. Sure he didn't eat a lot but he ate so that was a relief, even though he chucked it all back up in the bathroom. I knew he did.

----------

Once I dropped him off I heard a loud thud. Was that coming from inside his house? I got out of the car and ran to the door, knocking on it rapidly. A grown man came to the door, he looked only the slightest like Carter. I presumed it was his dad.

"Can I help you?" His tone was sinister but not exactly directed to me.

"O-oh yeah, can I just see Carter for a second?" I asked.

"Does he even know who you are?" The man asked.

"Y-yeah, I umm I'm a friend from school."

"Well the answer is no, you cannot see him. He is occupied in the bathroom right now." Then the man slammed the door.

There was no fucking way he was just all of a sudden "busy".

I climbed up one of the trees which I saw led to an open window. Please be Carter's open window. I climbed in through the window and into a room. Thank god.

He heard me and looked towards me.

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" His voice was hushed and he looked scared, but not of me.

"I heard a thud, are you ok?" He blinked a few times still in disbelief.

"Yes. I am fine, my dad doesn't like people in the house unless it's his friends, can you please leave?" Carter whisper/yelled.

He got up and hurried me back to the window. I got on the sill but I didn't move. He tried to push me but he wasn't very strong. No wonder why. I eventually got on the tree and saluted him as I climbed down. I looked back at him, he was still watching to see me leave. I sent him a wink and he just rolled his eyes. But I could see the blush on his face. It was as clear as glass.

I saw him walk back into his room and that's when I drove off.

--------------

I laid in bed, phone in hands. I couldn't help but wonder why his dad had lied or why he didn't like having people over. What a strange father.

Me: Hey

Carter: Hey

It made my stomach flip how quickly he responded. Well most the time.

Me: Sorry about today, I hope it wasn't all too much

Carter: It's fine.

Carter: It was actually really nice to meet your friends. They were nice.

Me: Yeah they're great. I think they liked you a lot, especially Ruby.

Carter: Really?

Me: Yeah she thinks your unbelievably cute.

Carter: Oh-

Me: She wouldn't be the only one ;)

Carter: You're so cheesy

Me: You know you love it though

Carter: Whatever

Me: Do you need a lift to work tomorrow?

Carter: How did you know I had work. Are you stalking me?