Chapter 28

Ezra:

I arrived at Carter's house and Mike greeted me at the door. I greeted back and then went inside to find Carter in his room. Where was Dean?

Carter smiled and got up from his desk. He gave me a hug and kissed me on the lips.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hey," I remarked.

"Where's Dean?" I wondered.

"Downstairs helping Evelyn," he said.

I nodded and sat on his bed. He came to sit next to him but I pulled him onto my lap and he yelped when I grabbed him. I chuckled and he poked his tongue out at me. I then leant in for a kiss and captured his lips. He kissed me back with just as much emotion as he always did.

Ge gasped when I gripped his thigh, giving me entrance to his mouth in which I plunged my tongue into his mouth and both our tongues danced but like I expected I won dominance. I heard a quiet whine come from his mouth and then I heard a chuckle coming from the doorway.

"Can you guys fuck later?" Dean's laughed.

Carter turned ready and I just jumped from the sudden noise.

"We weren't going to fuck," Carter retorted.

"Oh, we weren't?" I teased which made him turn even brighter.

He pushed me down on his bed and climbed on top of me. He went to kiss down my neck, what the fuck was he doing? Whatever it was I liked it.

Dean cleared his throat and we both looked at him and Carter giggled.

"You're interrupting our time here dude!" I yelled at Dean who just shrugged.

"Nothing was going to happen, I'm teasing," Carter blew me off and got up.

"You thought he was going to fuck you or something?" Dean raised an eyebrow at me.

"No!" I scoffed.

"Whatever, I don't wanna know about your love quarrels," Dean rolled his eyes and walked away.

I followed him downstairs and heard familiar voices. The other people must be here.

I went to go hug Brodie, Noah and Ruby who all had bright smiles on their faces. I smiled at Martin who returned it with a grin. He then went over to Carter and embraced him in a hug.

Once they hugged Carter came back to me and held my hand as we walked out to the backyard that was nicely set up, presumably by Evelyn or Mike.

Brodie was quick to pull off his shirt and go jump in the pool after having a little mishap with jumping over the glass fence. We laughed as he bombed in it and made water fly everywhere. Mike came out with a beer in hand.

I felt Carter's hand clench mind a tad bit tighter as he watched his dad scull the beer down.

"Isn't that your 3rd already dad?" Carter asked.

Mike looked down at his son with a chuckle.

"I'm not going to fuck up Cart. I promise." He said and pat Carter's shoulder.

Drinking must of had to do with Carter's past bad relationship with his dad. Why else would he be so concerned or shit?

"Are you cowards coming in or what?" Brodie yelled breaking the silence.

Ruby pulled down her sun dress and went towards the pool and so did Noah. She touched her hand to the water and then shivered.

"It's a little c-"

Noah pushed her in and Ruby squealed on the way down making us all burst out into a fit of laughed. He then dived in after her and then Martin went in.

I tugged Carter's shirt of and picked the feather up bridal style and we both ran to the pool. I tossed him up in the air and he screamed until he hit the water and his screams were muffled.

When Carter came back to surface he looked mad. Very, very mad.

"You're going to pay for that you douche!" He yelled.

"Language Carter!" Mike called out and we all looked at him laughing.

This party was a good idea.

Soon enough we would all be off to college. Martin, Dean, Carter and I all wanted to go to Princeton and were going to accept soon. We just wanted to make sure that Princeton was where we wanted to go and I was 99.5% sure, Princeton was where I wanted to go. Carter was definitely going though.

I wanted to go where Carter was going. I would follow him to the end of the world. I just wanted to be wherever he was because as far as I was concerned, he was my everything. He was perfect.

He jumped onto my back and I carried him around the pool, dunking him in occasionally which earned me a slap on the back, but his slaps didn't hurt. At least not his playful ones but I knew he had a feisty side to him. Everyone did.

I looked around to see what everybody else was doing, they were all having a good time. We had gotten out of the pool a little while ago. As I was looking, I couldn't help but notice Dean and Ruby getting along quite well. Do I smell a new ship? Maybe, maybe not.

I will admit I could actually see them together. Ruby was chaotic but she wouldn't hurt a fly at the same time. Dean seemed like real "boyfriend material", according do Cart. Carter had the same vibe to him as Ruby did but he was slightly different. A little more violent if you got on his bad side, though maybe a tad bit weak, but it was cute. He was cute.

I caught Carter looking at the party pies that were sitting on the table. He didn't look at them like he was hungry but more just observing them in a weird way. I took one, making him lose focus and then I put it on his plate in front of him. Dean was the one watching him eat but when I was around, I wanted to make sure he ate.

He stared down at the plate and then looked to me, I nodded. I didn't care if I had to be aggressive doing this, it was for his own good. He took it in his hand and continued to stare at it. Then eventually took a small bite out of it. Meat oozed out of it and that made him flinch a tiny bit. He took another bite and then the meat slit down his mouth.

I laughed and he growled lowly. I leant in and licked it off his cheek and instantly he looked like a tomato again.

"You guys really need to stop being so fucking cute," Ruby told us.

I rolled my eyes and Carter shrugged as if it was out of his control.

"So where are you guys thing of going?" Carter asked.

"Well Noah and I are going to Berkley," Ruby smiled.

"I'm going to Stanford," Brodie said.

The rest of us looked at them shocked.

"You're going all the way to California!?" I asked.

They all nodded. I sighed.

"I'm happy for you, really. But that is a while away, I mean. Ohio, California." I made the point and they all laughed.

"Yeah, we'll come down frequently though," Ruby said.

I gave her a look of disbelief, I didn't believe that they would honestly. That was quite a long trip...

"Don't give me that look Ez. We're not going to forget about you!" She persuaded and I nodded.

I didn't want to lose them. They have been my best friends forever.

"Cheer up babe," Carter smiled.

I nodded and kissed him.

Everything was going to be good.