Chapter 22

Carter:

"Got yourself a boyfriend?" Hunter asked once I got in the door.

I tried to doge him but he was already a step ahead of me. He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the storage rooms out back. I struggled out of his grip and wanted to scream, but he would get me for doing that as well.

"How dare you kiss him right in front of me!" He spat.

"Get off me you sick fuck!" I yelled.

"He won't be coming to help you this time," he laughed.

Before I knew it his lips were on mine and his hands massaged up and down my body. I tried to shove him off but he was so much stronger than me. I heard a camera shutter and completely freaked. I turned my head slightly and that's when I noticed it. He was taking pictures.

"W-what are you doing?" I shrieked.

"Getting evidence," he smiled simply.

His grip was loose on me and I ran and of course I just had to trip and he came and grabbed me by the head. I groaned at the pain, he was going to pull it all out.

"You will break up with him or I'll post all of these pictures!" He threatened.

He couldn't, he wouldn't...would he? I can't let him do that. I'll lose Ezra...this is a losing game anyway! I'll lose Ezra anyway... I didn't wanna lose him, he has done so much for me and he is the most amazing person in my life. He hasn't abandoned me yet and I'll look like a complete hypocrite if I do abandon him. But Hunter can't post those pictures...What the fuck am I supposed to do?

"O-ok." I stuttered.

"Ok?" Hunter questioned.

"I'll break up with him..." I sighed.

"Good boy." He pat my head and let me go.

I got up and went to my counter. Just tell Ezra. No, I am not bringing him into this. I don't want to...this is my shit, my shit that I, me, I have to deal with. Not Ezra. He can't help me with everything in life. I have to do some things alone. Even if I lose him...

------------------

"Hey...can we talk?" I asked Ezra.

He nodded to me and we left our table in the cafeteria.

I played with the cuff on my sleeve and took a long exhale and looked Ezra in the eyes, but only for a split second.

"I l-love you, beyond words. But if I don't do this, something terribly wrong will happen and I won't be able to live with myself if it does," I began.

He looked completely oblivious to what I was about to say, which is making this whole situation so much more harder and annoying.

"I think we should break up." I continued.

He smiled at me and I wanted to cry. He never wanted to be with your fat ass, he hates you. He's finally getting rid of you. Everything he every did for you was out of pity. He felt bad for you and you were too blind to realise. you let your guard down!

I let my fucking guard down.

My eyes became glassy and my lips quivered. I felt the warmth of his hand on my chin. He tilted my head up so I would look him in the eyes. He was still smiling.

"No."

I was the one who looked oblivious now.

"N-no?"

"I made a promise that I wouldn't leave you and I would stay with you and be there for you," he chuckled slightly.

"And I don't intend on breaking my promise."