Chapter 9

A pic of Hunter

Carter:

The fact I thought the happy feeling in my chest made me feel pathetic. of course it wouldn't last, but maybe I was glad it happened. I don't understand how Ezra could even deal with me, I was a slump of mixed emotions and I could snap at every moment. And I am terrified. I'm terrified that Ezra might just give up, I'm terrified that I'll hurt him just like I have nearly everyone around me.

I went into the cabinet of my bathroom and scavenged around for the bottle of pills. I didn't think I would be needing them so soon but I guess I thought wrong a lot lately. I needed something stronger but now wasn't the time I could leave the house and look. Dad was furious after getting a call that I wasn't at school, he beat me for that. The iron and the belt however, that was for the fact I didn't come home last night. I emptied out 4 pills into my hand. I knew I needed more than that but I needed these things to last.

I took them just like last time. Dry, with no water. I got up and went got under my sheets. I would have to go to work in a few hours and no shit that I would have to deal with Hunter. I was so relieved when Ezra came but I have a feeling I was going to regret it later today. He tried to convince me before dropping me off that I should report him, I can't do that. I led him on...sort of. The point was, was I wasn't thinking straight and fucked up.

I curled up into a ball in my bed and let sleep consume me.

---------

Yeah, I was right for once today. Hunter was pissed.

"I told you to keep it down, and what did you do!?" He spat in my face.

"T-the wrong thing..." I trembled under him.

He lifted my chin up with his index finger, smiling sinisterly.

"Too bad your boyfriend isn't going to be here this time darling," I heard the zipper to my pants come down.

I shot up breathing heavily. It was just a dream, it was just a dream...just a dream. I told myself over and over again. If he tried anything which no doubt he would, I needed to do something. I couldn't let it happen again.

I got up and put some fresh clothes on then began my run to work.

When I got there Hunter was standing at my register.

"Fuck off," I said, not greeting him. I was not going to give him mixed messages.

"That wasn't very nice babe." His smirk pissed me off so much.

"I am not your babe. This," I motioned to both of us, "is not happening."

"No need to be such a bitch about it." He commented.

I punched him in the face. I was fed up, I had officially had enough. I especially was not one for violence but this needed to stop. He groaned and I could tell that I maybe had the upper hand for this. He may have started all of this, but for once I was ending it.

"And I suggest that if you want to keep your job and see the daylight again you stay the fuck away from me. I can report you at any time I want and I have scars to prove it. Babe." He walked away to his register without a second look.

Good. I finally had that bastard out of my hair for a while.

I put my head in my hands and then ruffled them through my hair. Thank God customers didn't come in until another 10 minutes.

I felt some weight lift from my shoulders. It was probably still the right thing to report him but I wasn't prepared to go through all that legal stuff. My biggest worry though would be I would have to show them the scars he left along with the many others. He caused more physical pain than sexual, I guess I was grateful for that, at least I had felt the physical pain before. I looked down at my wrists. His nail indents were still there. I thought they would have gone by now, maybe it might take a little longer. They did draw quite a bit of blood, no wonder why I fell asleep so easily in Ezra's car.