Chapter 23

A pic of Dean

Ezra:

"Oh my God! That's awesome dude!"

I heard him sigh. Maybe he wasn't too thrilled.

"Is something wrong?"

"What- no. I don't know. I don't really care that much... I've just never had like a motherly figure in my life, let alone a brother figure. It's always just been me and my dad." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh yeah, umm I was wondering if you wanted to come and meet the family...?" He asked.

I felt like I was going to explode, I could finally meet them properly! Well more him...Point was that he was actually letting me come to his house and that was terrific!

"Yeah! I'd love to!" I exclaimed.

"Ok cool, we'll figure out when another time."

"Ok."

-------------------

"Hello," Mr Dylson said.

"Hi Mr Dylson, thank you for having me over," I smiled sheepishly.

He chuckled slightly, "please call me Mike, and I apologise for my rudeness last time we met," he gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Oh, it's not problem at all, sorry I kind of didn't introduce myself?" I didn't really no what to say...

Nice one Ezra. Real nice. Carter's house was really nice, it looked modern but homey, kind of like mine I guess? Though, mine was probably a tad bit more modern than this.

We wend and sat down at their dinner table, 2 completely unfamiliar faces sat on the opposite side of the table. One of them who seemed to be around my age, the female I suppose was the mother figure or whatever. She looked kind.

"It is so nice to meet you!" She cheered, holding out a hand to shake.

I shook her hand and then the boy put his out to shake as well.

"Dean," he introduced.

I nodded, "Ezra."

It was really nice to meet them all. Carter had a nice family, I felt bad for ever being sceptical of them and shit. Truth is, they're actually really nice. As I know so far at least.

Mike had made a delicious pasta for dinner, Carter hadn't really touched it, he more just moved it around his plate as I had expected him to.

"Are you alright, love? Do you not like the food?" The lady's whose name I had come to learnt as Evelyn, asked.

He eyed her cautiously and I could tell he was thinking of something to say.

"Big lunch in the cafeteria today," I told her.

I didn't like seeing him struggle, so it was easier to come up with something. Obviously it wasn't true. I don't actually know what Carter had for lunch today, probably nothing. He had gone to the library to study because we have a maths test coming up. I know, my maths teacher just loves giving us test, after test, after test.

"So...acceptance letters are coming soon, right boys?" Mike began a conversation.

"I'm pretty sure," Dean spoke up.

I nodded briefly. Acceptance letters were coming out soon and I was pretty nervous, my grades were ok but I don't know if they were ok enough to get into college, so like everyone else, I could only hope.

"If you boys get in, we should have a celebration!" Evelyn suggested.

We all nodded, I don't think anyone was feeling like having any sort of celebration but I could also tell if we all made it, Evelyn really would make a celebration. She seemed really nice.